Author Topic: Oil light  (Read 1373 times)

Offline Godilzagti2011

• Just got here
Oil light
« on: 26 March 2023, 11:54 »

hello, I've seen in several videos that the oil pressure light does not turn on when we turn the key, I'm new here in the gti world, is this normal? on my golf 5 1.4 the light turns on and when i tunr th engine on it turns off, not on my gti, but as i said i've seen several videos on youtube that don't turn on, only appears on top of the screen when there's a problem, can someone take it away from me this doubt?

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: Oil light
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2023, 19:52 »
Oil light should come on when you turn the ignition on and go off after starting the engine.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Godilzagti2011

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 26 March 2023, 22:17 »
https://youtube.com/shorts/iNkMouDXEUk?feature=share
but i dont see the light coming on ..mine is the same,,is a problem ?but when I remove the oil sensor plugs it gives me the warning on the main screen

Offline joe6

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2023, 10:10 »
The video shows what is expected. Can just see the engine management light above the steering wheel. Think I misunderstood your question. The oil warning is a part of the engine management light at startup and not a separate light.
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Godilzagti2011

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 27 March 2023, 21:48 »
because that was my doubt, I thought that in mine something was going on, but everything is normal so, better this way, thanks