Author Topic: Stuttgart - we have a deal!  (Read 3565 times)

Offline cheshire GTI

• Not said much yet
Stuttgart - we have a deal!
« on: 24 June 2009, 22:47 »
 :smiley: we take delivery of a shiny new MkVI in mid July. Black, 5 door, leathers, sun roof, bluetooth prep, winterpack, and a  couple of other things that escape me just now. We ordered it in April through a dealer site on the net and they quoted us a price which was 3.5k yes £3500 below list. I was sceptical at first and went to 3 local dealers and tried to get close and the most they would offer was £750, we showed them all the quote we had and they all said snap their hand off. So we did!! I test drove one a silver 5 door with dsg and it was nice.
Cant wait now 3 week and counting :grin:
My advice, there are deals out there

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
Re: Stuttgart - we have a deal!
« Reply #1 on: 24 June 2009, 22:50 »
:smiley: we take delivery of a shiny new MkVI in mid July. Black, 5 door, leathers, sun roof, bluetooth prep, winterpack, and a  couple of other things that escape me just now. We ordered it in April through a dealer site on the net and they quoted us a price which was 3.5k yes £3500 below list. I was sceptical at first and went to 3 local dealers and tried to get close and the most they would offer was £750, we showed them all the quote we had and they all said snap their hand off. So we did!! I test drove one a silver 5 door with dsg and it was nice.
Cant wait now 3 week and counting :grin:
My advice, there are deals out there

Congrats!

My dealer said the same thing, so they wont get my business either.

What company did you order through the net with ? I have my eye on 2, which is dealdrivers and broadspeed.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline cheshire GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 24 June 2009, 22:54 »
dont have the details to hand, sorry. its my mrs car and she ordered it, will find out the web site. Ultimately it is coming from a dealership down south, but who cares for that kind of saving??

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 June 2009, 23:08 »
dont have the details to hand, sorry. its my mrs car and she ordered it, will find out the web site. Ultimately it is coming from a dealership down south, but who cares for that kind of saving??

Yeah please, let me know when you check with your Mrs.

Of course its worth it, they are UK dealers still, just seems all the best deals are in England, up here in Scotland they are tighter than a midgies arse. Just don't let them deliver it to you or they will rally the arse off it to wherever you are. Although I believe the GTI can tell you how fast you were going and what your average speed was for your last trip  :wink:

Where are you in the UK ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline cheshire GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 24 June 2009, 23:14 »
Cheshire and we are picking it up from the dealers ourselves!!

Offline Max Q

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 24 June 2009, 23:33 »

Stuttgart? Have you bought a Porsche?  :nerd:
Mk7.5 R DSG Indium Grey 5Dr

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 29 June 2009, 21:27 »
Cheshire, what was dealer you bought from ?

Offline gc76

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 30 June 2009, 13:14 »
Yes it would be nice to hear where you can get a 3 grand saving off a new GTI from
Tornado Red 5 door GTI, DSG, Monza Shadows, Lux Pack, RCD510, Park Assist & FT indicator

"Sounds just like a Golf"

Offline cheshire GTI

• Not said much yet
Ours is coming on friday 3rd July
« Reply #8 on: 30 June 2009, 18:21 »
My Mrs logged on to a car finder website, and you put in your options and it comes back with a quote, keep meaning to ask her and i will. But it came out at the price and i was really dubious about it and we checked it out and its a proper dealer in cheltenham, Inchcape is the name. Basically we equired really early, they had an allocation and want to move it, and we placed the order. Warrington, Crewe and Stoke VW all saw the quote and said can't match it snap their hand off

We got told on friday it is avialable for signing the finance on sat and a first look at it. then it gets the auto glym on it and the PDI and we pick it up next week
Deep black, 5 door, 18" shadow monza's, leather interior, bluetooth prep, winter pack, parking sensors, manual. She was trading her A3 2.0 TDI in which they gave us a price for and we sold that on Auto trader on sunday after putting in on line on Sat (yes 1 day) and we sold it for 1500 more than we were gettin as trade in value.

have test driven a MKVI silver 5 door with dsg in warrington and it was nice. week before we very nearly bought a mk v GTI Pirelli special edition 230bhp with dsg awsome car but really chav inside, MKvi is as good as that to drive, handle's slightly better. they had a mkv R32 and the sales guy (who was a youngish guy) said to us the best car out of the two was the pirelli and the best out of all of them was the Mk VI and i have to say after driving all of them i agree.

i drive a bmw 530 touring, fast once moving but not as nimble as the golf so i cant wait to get the car on the 3rd July

roll on
« Last Edit: 30 June 2009, 18:24 by cheshire GTI »

Offline cheshire GTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 30 June 2009, 18:23 »
forgot to say we looked and drove an S3, but though the golf just looked a lot better.