Author Topic: willz94 - the mk3 student  (Read 10871 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
willz94 - the mk3 student
« on: 29 March 2013, 14:48 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
Re: willz94 - the mk3 student
« Reply #1 on: 29 March 2013, 22:36 »
thanks jv  :smiley:

The titles says it i'm a student and this thread shows not only my first project but its also my first car. unlike my spoilt friends my parents would not give me any money towards driving so i went out and brought my self one gti 8v doner and a mystic blue vr6. Spent 600 for them both and ill be honest the gti looked like it was covered in glue and drove through halfords and all the chav gear stuck to it and the vr6 was rotten, but the chasis was solid. unfortunately i do not have any pics of the cars before i started doing anything on them but i have progress pics.

A-level study leave began! so down my mates unit i went, firstly i sorted the rotten bits and did some welding.

I then removed the single wiper motor, coilovers, alloys and mulberry leathers from the doner and started fitting them to the vr6 along with a nice non-rotten wing  :smiley:

Dont want it standard but i dont want it looking super chav  :grin: but my mates all have japs so i want to have it tastefully modified (well i think so anyway  :grin:

time to smooth my front bumper! :) .... loads of people are saying to plastic weld but my old mans helping me out and hes sticking to what he knows with filler and polyester stopper!

first comes the filler...

then comes the polyester stopper, ignore the bonnet  :grin: its not staying on it came with the doner and had a nice paint i wanted to get a look of the colour on the car...

Then comes the roller primer, thats right roller  :wink: and this stuff is insane, fast application and it fills in the dimple texture of the top bumper  :smiley: ...

Fitted the smoked indicators and fog lights purchased from a fellow forum member  :smiley:

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 29 March 2013, 22:41 »
smoothed off the moldings to get rid of the ridge and they will be roller primed to get rid of the dimple texture as will the arch kit...

Now comes the unique side skirts and to be honestest the pictures even when there finished doesn't give justice to just how good they look :laugh: ... anyone care to guess what they are made from?

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2013, 23:52 »
rubbing her down and spraying her satin black as I go  :smiley:
continuing work on my custom skirts and blending them into the gti arch kit  :smiley:

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 30 March 2013, 11:19 »
time for the rear bumper  :smiley: whenever i see a mk3 with a fully smooth tailgate and rear bumper i just see the number plate stuck on or screwed on to the smoothed bumber. This got me thinking and i went down to the salvage yard and cut the number plate section out of a Toyota rear bumper and cut and fabricated it into my rear bumper. while doing this i fed through two live and earths for my numberplate lights and T'd off the rear lights to hide messy wiring and began to add the filler coat to start smoothing the rear bumper.

« Last Edit: 01 April 2013, 19:19 by willz94 »

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 31 March 2013, 17:45 »
polyester stopper time and continue shaping it, also cut a little more around the exhaust because it was melting slightly, number plates looking good and lights are installed and working

distant pics of her so far :)

« Last Edit: 01 April 2013, 19:18 by willz94 »

Offline xtetx

• I live here
  • started as a 1.6 now we here
« Reply #6 on: 01 April 2013, 10:15 »
Go on lad!

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 01 April 2013, 12:46 »
haha cheers mate its coming along well got some more roller primer and guide coat to try and finish the rear bumper  :smiley:

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 01 April 2013, 19:16 »
roller primed and guide coated .... looked bang on to me but the guide coat says otherwise  :smiley: time to rub her down  :smiley:

Brought it outside to get a good look while the sun was shining. its looking very nice indeed and i like the number plate holder so im thinking pressed plates when i get some cash!

Offline willz94

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 02 April 2013, 00:44 »
get the nice non-chav standard bonnet on and sprayed  :smiley: .... if it isnt a cosworth dont put cosworth vents on the bonnet  :grin: