Author Topic: 1993 MK3 Golf(VRT Engine build time!!)*UPDATED 17/3/13*  (Read 119440 times)

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
Re: 1993 MK3 Golf
« Reply #20 on: 22 March 2011, 11:11 »
Ha ha cheers mate :cool:

Hope yours is running ok now :)

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 22 March 2011, 16:15 »
I mean this in the nicest way possible but at first i thought "What a load of cheap tacky chav sh!t!"  :grin:

Then as i got further down the pages i could see you had skillz, just lacking taste...

Once all the lights were changed and the mats were gone it really started to appeal to me and thos wheels have grown on me too!

Awesome work with the smoothing  :cool:

Good work so far! :afro:

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 22 March 2011, 16:44 »
Cheers mate :grin:
I agree with you tbh,bare in mind this was my missus 1st car so she had to have a lot of input with what was being done at the beginning,whether i liked it or not :rolleyes:(mats included).

I then decided i was keeping it for myself after a year of her having it so thats hen the proper work started and I have slowly started turning it into my own.

Ive had a few dubs in my 90+cars including 2 mk2 Golfs but ive never really been into the vw scene,after being on here and a couple of other forums ive seen what looks good and what doesnt.
Although im going to do my best to not be a scene whore :grin:

I have slowly started to love the car but ive not forgotton the fact it's still a mk3 Golf at the end of the day :laugh:

I prefer my driven wheels to be from the back,but this will be a refreshing change and im having quite a bit of fun while im at it too,so its all good. :evil:

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
« Reply #23 on: 23 March 2011, 21:24 »
this is what i like to see,

doing a cracking job, cant wait to see it painted and fitted MMMMMMMM :cool:
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 23 March 2011, 21:58 »
Thanks mate :evil:

Not long now till it goes in to be sprayed.

I don't think anyone has ever got so excited over a coloured liquid as what i am atm :grin: :embarassed:

The gu will be taking pics as he goes along so will be updating accordingly :cool:

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 29 March 2011, 22:57 »
Ha ha cheers mate :cool:

Hope yours is running ok now :)

running sweet mate had massive oil leak other day but ended up being oil regulator switch! got pissed off with it as couldn't find problem so got garage to do it!

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 30 March 2011, 08:22 »
Pleased you got it sorted now dude! :cool:

Just a boring update.
Decided to strip the back end of the interior out partly to aid in removal of the rear glass and also ive been swapping out all interior bolts for stainless buttonheads,just cos im stupid like that.

Few pics of it stripped out and the lovely view my neighbours get when im stripping it ha ha.

I also realised id not had the sunroof open since July last year and when i went to open it i found it was buggered as one of the cast securing clips in the runner had snapped and there was no real chance of fixing it due to the kind of metal it is.
So ive managed to get a new one off a Matt on BCD nice and cheap so i will get it stripped out when that arrives.

Also got my new wing mirrors which Bellend kindly donated as i got stitched up for £70 buying some polo 6n2 stubbys.
So i gave them a clean up and they are now in the car ready to go to the spray shop.

Not long now!!!!Woo! :grin:

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #27 on: 30 March 2011, 12:36 »
good skills on that rear bumper dude. totally pointless mod but looks top quality  :tongue:

Offline LowlifeDubber

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 30 March 2011, 12:58 »
Ha ha cheers Dave.......and just where would have you put the bloody numberplate? :laugh:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 30 March 2011, 13:03 »
Got to say the more i go through this the more i like it!!  :evil:

Get pics up asap when it starts to get painted  :cool: