Author Topic: vw golf mk3 GTI Anniversary (Update: full black headlining!)  (Read 21684 times)

Offline Toopay_MkIII_GT

• GTI forum regular
cheers for comments, shame most people don't like the vento front end much. i really like the clean lines of the gill. must admit, if vento never came with teh early spec grill. i'd never do the conversion.

VR6-joe: surprised you dont like it,. didnt u have one urself? have u suddenly gone off them?

all this nice weather is getting me out doin jobs on my car at nites. tonight i set about fitting OE electric headlight ajusters
was rather straight forward, replace headlight switch for uprated one. altho to fit uprated one, i had to carve away at back of dash abit

then hey ho, nice new "busy" switch

had to just wack motors into lights and replace light loom, all plug and play apart from the fact i had to cut and change the plugs for the indicators. mine have square connections,. the new loom had rounder connections.
 while i was messing about with lights, i changed the bulbs for philips blue vision bulbs (just crisp white, not blue really) and also changed the indiactor bulbs to silver reflecting bulbs, can see a slight difference

standered orange bulb

philips silver type bulb

pictures dont show it as good tbh.

really happy that it works, kool littel add on i think, surprised how much they adjust actually.
i think i should get my lights checked to see if the beam is true so im not dazzing oncommers. how much you think a garage should charge for that?

commetns welcome!
thanks,
liam
« Last Edit: 05 June 2010, 19:05 by Toopay_MkIII_GT »

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Re: my new golf mk3 gti anniversary (Update: vento front end)
« Reply #11 on: 22 April 2010, 20:37 »
Nice anniversary ive got the same car in red  :grin: I like the front end looks nice what colour you gonna get your wheels done in??
Golf Gti

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 22 April 2010, 21:05 »
looks good mate! can see your slats bending tho cause you've forced that GTi badge in!  :grin: thats why i put mine at bottom!

nice car!  :cool:

Offline Toopay_MkIII_GT

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 23 April 2010, 20:56 »
Nice anniversary ive got the same car in red  :grin: I like the front end looks nice what colour you gonna get your wheels done in??

thanks, i expect il get them done in standered silver. or maybe a silver that stands out abit more. il look at some examples when i go to the showroom the referbishers have. im also toying with he idea with getting the rim polished with the nice silver spokes. but mite be abit to flashy for me. i like keeping things oem to a point!

drewGTI:  :embarassed: :laugh: yeh did bend slats a wee bit. but really like ti centered up, isnt that noticeable, along as the badge doesn't fall out!  :grin:

Offline Toopay_MkIII_GT

• GTI forum regular
Re: my new golf mk3 gti anniversary (Update: bonnet lifters etc)
« Reply #14 on: 24 April 2010, 17:50 »
after reading the bonnet lifters how to. thought id give it a go. popped scrappy, picked up some struts and bolted them in.

great little mod, looks nice and factory takes 5 mins, chuffed to bits!

Offline Toopay_MkIII_GT

• GTI forum regular
had a good day with the gti today.  gave it a much needed wash, fixed the radio reception with arieal booster and fitted red pin stiping to the door plastics. why the anni never had these as standered i dont know. altho i hear the TDI annis in europe had them.
pics:

then went to few location for pics

comments welcome

Offline adzgti3

• I live here
looks spot on mate!! :cool:

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
Looks sweet mate  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
looks good that mate! smoke the headlights.....  :cool:

i'd leave the wheels a nice shiney silver!

Offline Toopay_MkIII_GT

• GTI forum regular
looks good that mate! smoke the headlights.....  :cool:

i'd leave the wheels a nice shiney silver!

i dont wanted tinted headlights, i want a pair of these!

but i tihnk they are LHD only, so i would have to do mine myself.

and i deffo keeping hte alloys standered. hopfully gettin them referb in standeded silver, wouldnt mind the lips being polished,. but i think ive been talked out of that due to price it wud be to polish and bugger to keep nice, the car is my daily.