Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287400 times)

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3710 on: 08 October 2012, 01:35 »
Gobsh!te, tweets like he drives, acts first, thinks later!

FairPlay for actually putting it out there that he was wrong

The guy's a genius driver. Just completely clueless when it comes to being PR and media savvy....no f**king wonder with XIX as his management team!

Love the way he totally owned Perez at turn 11. Give Serg a couple of years and he'll be up to pace, but I'll eat my hat, if out performs Button next year!

Everyone has been banging on about what a great season he's had, but he's only got 16 points more than Kobayashi and it's still unsure of whether or not Kamui will keep his drive.....f**king joke!

So He should stop tweeting... and save his best to the race track....

Absolutely.....But at the same time in regards to driving. I'd rather have a grid packed full of Hamilton's, Montoya's, Senna's, Kobayshi's, Alonso's....than all the other boring f**kwits driving at the minute!
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3711 on: 08 October 2012, 07:39 »

The guy's a genius driver. Just completely clueless when it comes to being PR and media savvy....no f**king wonder with XIX as his management team!

Love the way he totally owned Perez at turn 11. Give Serg a couple of years and he'll be up to pace, but I'll eat my hat, if out performs Button next year!

Everyone has been banging on about what a great season he's had, but he's only got 16 points more than Kobayashi and it's still unsure of whether or not Kamui will keep his drive.....f**king joke!

Absolutely.....But at the same time in regards to driving. I'd rather have a grid packed full of Hamilton's, Montoya's, Senna's, Kobayshi's, Alonso's....than all the other boring f**kwits driving at the minute!

It isn't their fault that they are boring. The cars that 16 of them drive are just too slow to keep up let alone compete with the top teams....

Offline MS1COYS

• I live here
  • Alfie 'H' 10-09-11
« Reply #3712 on: 08 October 2012, 08:50 »

It isn't their fault that they are boring. The cars that 16 of them drive are just too slow to keep up let alone compete with the top teams....

To an extent I agree, but five different constructors have won races this season. RBR, Mercedes, Mclaren, Ferrari and Williams. Sauber and Lotus have also come very close with 2nd's. So that proves the competition is there, for sure retirement and reliability have played a massive part in the outcomes of races, but mostly it's down to driver talent, otherwise there wouldn't be such gulfs in points between team mates. For example, Alonso 194pts, Massa 69pts. Vettel 190pts, Webber 134pts. Raikkonen 157pts, Grosjean 93pts. Rosberg 93pts, Schumacher 43pts. Hamilton 152pts, Button 131pts ( and that's with Hamilton's 4 retirements to Button's 1)

But if you truly know racing and can identify the willingness to leave all else behind in the quest to want to win, then you'd understand. Senna, Schumacher, Hamilton, Montoya, Kamui, Arnoux, Jim Clark....they would all do anything to get the win, push the boundaries, risk their own life constantly, all because the desire to win eclipsed every other emotional and rational thought. I don't think the same can be said for example of Aleisi, Ralf Schumacher, Berger, Vergne, Karthikayan, Massa, Raikonnen and alike....they'd all rather get home at the end of the day, than put everything on the line and win the race and for me that's what sets apart the special racers. You've only got to look at yesterday's race, Hamilton's 2nd pit stop, he left the exit lane and was side by side with Kimi going into the first turn, Kimi got his nose in front, but Hamilton simply didn't budge an inch of line and Kimi backed off....

....'he who dares Rodney, he who dares'

:smiley:
« Last Edit: 08 October 2012, 09:08 by MS1COYS »
Evolution Map / Longlife USA 80mm TBE w/100 cell Sports Cat / ITG Maxogen G60 / Forge Twintercooler/ Forge TB Hose / R8 Coilpacks / EBC D&G Front & Rear Discs / EBC Yellowstuff Pads / BSH PCV Kit / Poly Pro Front & Rear / W.A.L.K / APR Torque Arm / 034Motorsport Density Line Engine Mounts / Vibratechnics Subframe Mount / Vibratechnics Dogbone Bush

292bhp / 287lbft

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #3713 on: 08 October 2012, 09:14 »

Absolutely.....But at the same time in regards to driving. I'd rather have a grid packed full of Hamilton's, Montoya's, Senna's, Kobayshi's, Alonso's
....than all the other boring f**kwits driving at the minute!

I think you've assumed I meant that As a bad thing, it's not, the way he drives as a racer is right!

But tweeting and generally being a gobsh!te, winding up your employer, team mate and even fans on occasion is wrong. So yes, I will lend Lewis the book 'How to win friends and influence people'
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #3714 on: 08 October 2012, 10:16 »
anyone know what the Red Bull double DRS is all about?  :huh:

Air enters a hole on the left hand rear wing endplate when DRS is activated and is redirected down to around the centre beam/diffuser, it's still not clear exactly where, but it stalls the rear wing to reduce drag, for a further boost in top speed.

crikey... that sounds very similar to something else they were mucking about with on the holes and the air being directed to some kind of wings on the rear wheel hubs iirc

Unline mercedes DDRS though, the RB system only stalls the rear wing, giving the rear even less downforce than DRS alone. This means that when the DRS is open the car is unbalanced even further than DRS alone. because the front is still producing full downforce. This means that opening DRS in the middle of the corner will make the car much more twitchy at the rear than any other car, increasing chances of going off. Mercedes have an advantage with their system as it reduces the drag at the rear with the wing flap, and stalls the front wing at the same time, keeping the car's balance the same, just at lower downforce levels. This means even though they'll have less downforce with DRS open they will still have the balance to push through a corner.

If that makes sense  :undecided: :smiley:

Scroll down about halfway..

http://scarbsf1.com/blog1/2012/10/01/2013-technical-regulation-changes/#more-3081

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #3715 on: 08 October 2012, 10:25 »

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3716 on: 14 October 2012, 12:44 »
interesting but boring race - true dat  :rolleyes:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3717 on: 14 October 2012, 13:03 »
After lap 20 I fell asleep, quite literally. Shame to see vettel in yet another dominating car, 3rd gifted championship.

VW BUSH

« Reply #3718 on: 14 October 2012, 13:30 »
I have to agree, getting sick of seeing Vettel on the podium yawn....
Winners should carry ballast into the next race or only go to Q2, that would even it up.

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3719 on: 14 October 2012, 17:34 »
I have to agree, getting sick of seeing Vettel on the podium yawn....
Winners should carry ballast into the next race or only go to Q2, that would even it up.

Really? BTCC?

I know what you mean about it being 'unfair' etc, BUT, if a few individuals had fortunate weekends, with no mechanical errors then I bet the race would have been different.