Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287357 times)

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3350 on: 12 May 2012, 20:08 »
Its a f**king joke. McLaren need to sort their act out big time!!! Bring back Ron :lipsrsealed:

+1

looked more like McHispania today, i've said this before, ever since the hungary last year that there needs to be a serious shake up at Mclaren, Ron dennis must be aware of whats going on, he has to step in surely, poor strategy, poor pit stops, poor maths, this has to stop! Doesn't look good AT ALL!

However, really really overjoyed for Williams! I do really hope he can hold off the pack for the first couple of laps, maldonado is really good off the start line so hopefully will be able to fend off grosean and alonso, i do quite fancy grojsean for the win though!

Big Ron left after the whole Saga with Ferrari ... He won't be back..

I agree with all the comments about Mclaren though! Lewis is by far the best driver out there at the moment and the team are hindering him
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3351 on: 12 May 2012, 20:11 »
My guess is they tried to pull one off to save fuel so they can push for a bit longer during the race.

Huh  :huh: I do not follow...please explain  :embarassed:

I really hope LH & or JB don't leave Mclaren, I think they are two of the best drivers going, JB is such an ambassador of the sport I feel, Hami just is awesome. Mclaren have been nothing but good for those 2, bar the recent cock ups! Would love to see LH stay there for his entire career  :rolleyes:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3352 on: 12 May 2012, 20:16 »
By stopping early in the inlap they save themselves that amount for the race. I know it's not a lot but in F1 half a lap of engine with full power available can be the difference between 1st and 2nd.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3353 on: 12 May 2012, 20:21 »
Really really feel for Hami, WTF are McLaren playing at... :angry:

Jenson needs to quit his whining, everytime it's not going his way...."Oh the under steer" theres loads of under steer....bored now!

Hami's got the same car for goodness sake and he seems to get the best out of it! Just shows you the true differences in quality between to two drivers...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3354 on: 12 May 2012, 20:22 »
By stopping early in the inlap they save themselves that amount for the race. I know it's not a lot but in F1 half a lap of engine with full power available can be the difference between 1st and 2nd.

erm, they run alll 3 sessions empty

then fill it to the max for race days now

do they not

hence why he didnt have enough left for the inlap and testing

Offline GJSEB79

• I live here
« Reply #3355 on: 12 May 2012, 20:26 »

Jenson needs to quit his whining, everytime it's not going his way...."Oh the under steer" theres loads of under steer....bored now!

Hami's got the same car for goodness sake and he seems to get the best out of it! Just shows you the true differences in quality between to two drivers...

this seems to be jb answer everythime when some thing doesnt go his way i notice fp2 when he was on top he wasnt moaning

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #3356 on: 12 May 2012, 20:29 »

this seems to be jb answer everythime when some thing doesnt go his way i notice fp2 when he was on top he wasnt moaning

Disagree, I think JB just wants a decent car.. Lewis drives in a totally different way to Jenson.. You heard him complain of over and under steer..

Chuff, totally agree with you about the fuelling aspect too.. I don't know what they were thinking...
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3357 on: 12 May 2012, 20:34 »

do they not

I thought they ran Q1 with the fuel and tyres they use on race day?

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3358 on: 12 May 2012, 20:35 »

Are you talking about the life of the engine? As in not running it back to the pits saved them say a minute of engine switched off rather than revving like crazy, which would lessen the performance? Or about the fuelling? If fuelling then I'm with Chuff, I thought they topped it up after each session/quali.

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #3359 on: 12 May 2012, 20:39 »

do they not

I thought they ran Q1 with the fuel and tyres they use on race day?

No that was the rules before they banned refuelling. thought you were a diehard F1 fan.... :tongue:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...