Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287356 times)

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2710 on: 13 September 2011, 17:26 »
Smitty, Schui better than JB and Seb!? The man dominated in a time when he had no other challengers and as he showed this weekend is a dirty cheating German.
I honestly don't think he drove dirty. On every move he gave Lewis just about enough space had he wished to pull a move. I think Schumacher is an awesome driver and when he raced against Mika and then Montoya and Alonso it provided some amazing races.

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
« Reply #2711 on: 13 September 2011, 17:36 »
If it was the other way round and Hamilton was doing it to Schui or god forbid a Ferrari then he would have got a drive through at least...
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #2712 on: 13 September 2011, 17:48 »
Smitty, Schui better than JB and Seb!? The man dominated in a time when he had no other challengers and as he showed this weekend is a dirty cheating German.

Schumi didnt have many challengers but he was still a class above the rest when he was at his peak. I used to hate him for it but over time realised it really was just that he was bloody good lol.
As for him blocking Hamilton at the weekend, the track suited a defensive driver with a car that was fast in a straight line and he played the part to a tee showing his experience. I also think it showed Hamilton in quite a bad light really as he would have been better off backing off a touch to get a better run out of the critical corners where he could make best use of the Kers and DRS while maximising front end downforce to get a good run out. That sort of approach would have led to Schumi driving faster too so saving Hamilton time in the long run. AS it stood, he sat right under Schumi's rear wing and that compromises grip and makes it harder to get out of the slipstream without having to lift. Its a shame really as I still think Hamilton is the fastest out there on raw pace when the circumstances call for it but he is letting his emotions and frustration affect his driving quite a bit at the moment IMO.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2713 on: 13 September 2011, 19:50 »

Schumi didnt have many challengers but he was still a class above the rest when he was at his peak. I used to hate him for it but over time realised it really was just that he was bloody good lol.
As for him blocking Hamilton at the weekend, the track suited a defensive driver with a car that was fast in a straight line and he played the part to a tee showing his experience. I also think it showed Hamilton in quite a bad light really as he would have been better off backing off a touch to get a better run out of the critical corners where he could make best use of the Kers and DRS while maximising front end downforce to get a good run out. That sort of approach would have led to Schumi driving faster too so saving Hamilton time in the long run. AS it stood, he sat right under Schumi's rear wing and that compromises grip and makes it harder to get out of the slipstream without having to lift. Its a shame really as I still think Hamilton is the fastest out there on raw pace when the circumstances call for it but he is letting his emotions and frustration affect his driving quite a bit at the moment IMO.

Hamilton backing off to get a better run would have made f**k all difference as he was bouncing off the limiter.........his gear ratio's were too short and the Mercedes was setup to be as fast as possible without DRS

Offline trog_nfs

• I live here
« Reply #2714 on: 13 September 2011, 19:53 »

Hamilton backing off to get a better run would have made f**k all difference as he was bouncing off the limiter.........his gear ratio's were too short and the Mercedes was setup to be as fast as possible without DRS

McLaren said themselves the car had been set up to fight redbull, and vettel had short ratios compared to the rest of the field. They didn't expect a Mercedes in front of them, and tbf, they have been quick in a staight lne all season

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #2715 on: 13 September 2011, 20:10 »

Im aware of the limiter problems but he would have been up to the limiter a lot faster by carrying more speed off the corners where he could have taken full advantage of Schumi's relatively poor traction. He was also having to be carefull accelerating out of the corners and pulling back the throttle to stop from running into schumi off the corners but if you insist... I think Vettels performance highlights the relative lack of a need for top speed to put the times in..... Watch buttons overtake.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2716 on: 13 September 2011, 20:10 »
Yes, on the straight Lewis would suffer BUT you should always use your weaknesses as a strength, I do when I race karts. Short ratios = more acceleration, he should have attacked on the first corner or the middle section.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #2717 on: 13 September 2011, 22:30 »
love him or hate him, schumacher still got driving skills but the car he got is not fast enough. if mercedes can give him fast car like button had in brawn, he will be untouchable like he was in ferrari days.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #2718 on: 14 September 2011, 11:00 »
I honestly don't think he drove dirty. On every move he gave Lewis just about enough space had he wished to pull a move.

What like here when he shoved Lewis on the grass or when he clearly makes TWO moves across the track or at Ascari where he left f**k all room despite already moving his car on the track. Steve was spot on, if Lewis had done that he would have had a drive through, was so frustrating watching that battle.

love him or hate him, schumacher still got driving skills but the car he got is not fast enough. if mercedes can give him fast car like button had in brawn, he will be untouchable like he was in ferrari days.

Give Timmo Glock a car like JB had at Brawn and he would win the championship.

he should have attacked on the first corner or the middle section.

He did and got shoved on the grass.

or the middle section.

He did but couldnt get past because Schui cant count.

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #2719 on: 14 September 2011, 15:32 »
Glock, who is he????