Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 287419 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1530 on: 14 September 2010, 11:25 »
What drivers was he up against?

Pretty much my point. Irvine, Trulli, Panis (this is just off the top of my head) I mean come on. Good drivers and all that but compared to Button, Hamilton, Vettle, Webber they are nothing.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1531 on: 14 September 2010, 11:26 »
Today's generation of drivers is top class, 10 years ago I think they recruited pretty much anyone as they must have been short on drivers.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #1532 on: 14 September 2010, 11:42 »
Montoya had his moments , Damon Hill did win the WDC as did Villeneuve. He only won in 2003 by 2 points from raikonnen.     

I think Schuey did have competitors back in the day but he's just lost the edge he had. 
« Last Edit: 14 September 2010, 11:49 by monkeyalan »

Offline Stronz

• I live here
  • Sold!
« Reply #1533 on: 14 September 2010, 12:14 »
Montoya had his moments , Damon Hill did win the WDC as did Villeneuve. He only won in 2003 by 2 points from raikonnen.     

I think Schuey did have competitors back in the day but he's just lost the edge TC he had. 

:wink:

adamrob69

« Reply #1534 on: 14 September 2010, 17:53 »

Offline gooseuk

• Here all the time
  • Diesel is the way forward
« Reply #1535 on: 14 September 2010, 18:02 »
Not sure the old schumacher can come back. I mean when he was dominating loads of testing was there to sort out issues with the car etc. But know hes gotta deal with whats there and some how over come it in a shorter time. The real schumacher not quite back not sure he will be. But i aint gonna right him off. There is a lot of reasons why hes not there yet. Just gonna take alot of time to get it all back.
Diesel power all the way

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #1536 on: 14 September 2010, 18:48 »
I think he has almost ruined it already imo. Just goes to show how much better this generation of drivers are compared to the ones he was up against.

Exactly my point a couple of months ago  :afro:

I'm probably going to get shot down for this but here goes anyway.

Schumacher is certainly talented, that cannot be questioned, however....does no-one else think that part of his success could be attributed to his lack of real compitition? For example the top 10 in 1999 were (in no real order): Frentzen, Irvine, Barrichello, Fisichella, Coulthard, Herbert, Mika Salo, Verstappen, Ralph Scumacher and finally Michael.

In comparison at the moment he's competing with the likes of Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Rosberg, Kubica, Massa, Button and Webber. Had these great drivers been around in Schueys hay day might things have been different? I think so! Putting aside the fact that his car isn't great this season I think that theres no way he'd win 7 world championships against the caliber of drivers this season.

I think he's made a mistake returning to F1 it's going to make everyone question how good a driver he actually is.

Anyway that's two cents.....discuss!

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #1537 on: 14 September 2010, 21:38 »
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6376617/-BBC-Considering-Axing-Legard-

Legard out?? best news iv heard today!

His commentating gets right on my nerves. He runs out of things to say, so he asks stupid questions to Brundle thinking its for our benefit. Sometimes I get the feeling that Brundle just thinks, WTF?? :huh:

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline The Mighty Elvi

• I live here
  • I'm better than you today.
« Reply #1538 on: 14 September 2010, 21:50 »
I reccon Ted "Lenny" Kravitz (real name Theodore Slotover ) would make a good partner for Brundle.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #1539 on: 15 September 2010, 09:31 »
Legard is a bit of a tool. I've not spoken to one person who likes him.