Author Topic: my 1.6 seems abit fast (updated)  (Read 31189 times)

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
Re: my 1.6 seems abit fast lol
« Reply #60 on: 08 March 2011, 00:47 »
update: i now know the plates belong to the shell, as the vin number matches, all clear under/credit ect

just need to find this engine code now,if the sticker aint there , is there anywhere else i should check?

cheapest mobile provider arround order a free sim with £5 credit www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/s3cr3t

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #61 on: 08 March 2011, 00:49 »
Good stuff, car isn't nicked then!

Maybe it's had an engine transplant and the person who did it didn't declare the conversion? I know that a lot of dealers just get the spec of the car through the numberplate, mine was advertised as having aircon, but when I viewed it it didn't. Dealer said he didn't know, he just typed up what came up in his screen.

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 08 March 2011, 00:56 »
this engine number sticker does it have what looks a bit like a barcode next to number? cos i can see somet that looks like that under the black plastic engine cover to the right hand side, if so i will have to remove the cover

cheapest mobile provider arround order a free sim with £5 credit www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/s3cr3t

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #63 on: 08 March 2011, 00:58 »
this engine number sticker does it have what looks a bit like a barcode next to number? cos i can see somet that looks like that under the black plastic engine cover to the right hand side, if so i will have to remove the cover

Yup  :smiley:

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 08 March 2011, 01:08 »
ok first of all , its fookin freezing out there haha, ok i have the number, its different to the one supplied, so obviously an engine change, presuumebly to a 2.0 as everyone says,atleast im not on stolen plates, now i have 3 decisions , 1 )keep the car and buy a 1.6 engine for it, 2)sell it and struggle to buy a buyer, telling them the truth as i would never rip anyone off like that, or 3 try and get my money back, because keeping it and not declaring isent really an option
again i would like to thank everyone who has helped me , i cant belive what i fell for,

anyone fancy buying a 2.0 that you can insure for a 1.6 pm me lol  :grin: :grin:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #65 on: 08 March 2011, 01:11 »
I'd try and get my money back on it. It's the seller's responsibility to make sure whatever you're buying is the correct composure.

Offline s-l-i-x

• I live here
  • Golf MK4 1.8T AGU
« Reply #66 on: 08 March 2011, 01:17 »
Yeah I would try and go back to the seller as it was falsely advertised.

If you keep it, you will find it very hard when you go to sell it..

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #67 on: 08 March 2011, 01:39 »
messaged him on ebay, if he aint got back to me by dinner time tomorrow ill ring him

ill keep you posted, cross your fingers for me

appreciate all the help and banter earlier in the thread, i was laughin and crying at the same time lol

thanks guys :cool:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #68 on: 08 March 2011, 02:18 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin:

Good luck mate!

Offline bullzeye

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 08 March 2011, 02:34 »
looks like the engine is from a vw beetle.

which means .........wait for it

i have a beegolf! LOL :laugh: