Author Topic: MK7 GTI rear lower wishbone trailing arm interchangablity MK8 into MK7  (Read 819 times)

Offline Athos Boiani

• Just got here
I have a technical question hope someone can answer or direct me. I'm in Langley, British Columbia Canada.
I have 2015 MK7 GTI Autobahn, PP, DCC, manual, plaid interior, 2.0 TSI CXCB EA888 Gen 3.
I'm working on piece by piece interchanging my MK7 with MK7 GTI CSS (Clubsport S) parts. Only 400 made. As you know was not available in NA. It's mostly suspension upgrades. I want to keep it with OE parts rather than aftermarket as much as possible.
The rear lower wishbone trialing arm Pt# 5Q0505311E is what was in the CSS with a higher durometer rubber bushing for improved lateral acceleration. From what I have found it is no longer available. It is superseded by 5WA505311A (per VW online “vwpartsandservice.com”) which is OE standard in the MK8 GTI, Golf R and Audi A3, S3 Gen. 4 here in NA.
Can anyone tell me if it is interchangeable with the MK7? Does the MK8 come standard with the upgraded bushing? I don't have access to ETKA but I have tried local dealers and shops shops that do and of course it does not show as interchangeable.
If anyone has access to ETKA in the UK or Europe, are you able to confirm what the replacement or superseded part number is?
Any help and/or direction will greatly be appreciated.

Offline Athos Boiani

• Just got here
Thanks Tractor Dave. Your reply is greatly appreciated.
I did review SHODAP's video a few times. Paul specifies the aero stone guard is interchangeable but mentions the parts number for the wishbone arm is different. I did phone them and was told it was not interchangeable. But I'm not convinced.
What I would like to know if anyone has access to ETKA the official electronic parts catalogue for Volkswagen Group (VAG) and kindly confirm that is superseded by a new part number. Or that it actually physically fits.