Author Topic: Disc and pad costs  (Read 7574 times)

Offline sjw

• I live here
Re: Disc and pad costs
« Reply #30 on: 30 October 2023, 17:47 »
I had mine done end of last year by local trusted garage in Hampshire, I did research and Borg and Beck seemed like good make, and the outside is coated, so they haven’t rusted like the OEM did.

Brakes feel great, glad I didn’t pay the £1000 the stealer wanted.

Prices have crept up a bit since then, but this is what I paid:

Front disc and pads

Discs £104.46
Pads £45.24
Labour £94.80
Sub Total £244.88
Vat £48.90
TOTAL £293.40

Rear discs and pads

Discs £88.30
Pads £33.48
Labour £126.40
Sub Total £248.18
Vat £49.63
TOTAL £297.81

Parts

https://www.mpdonline.co.uk/volkswagen-golf-2.0-petrol-2014/product/brake-friction-br-discs-disc-br/brake-disc/BBD4383

https://www.mpdonline.co.uk/volkswagen-golf-2.0-petrol-2014/product/brake-friction-br-discs-disc-br/brake-disc/BBD5331

https://www.mpdonline.co.uk/volkswagen-golf-2.0-petrol-2014/product/brake-friction-br-pads-pads-br/brake-pad-set/BBP2381

Is your car a Non PP? I dont know if mine has 272mm or 300mm rear discs :lipsrsealed:

Have you seen this? I found this useful

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/the-definitive-guide-to-mk7-volkswagen-gti-brakes

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 01 December 2023, 17:47 »
To answer my own question at the top of page 2, paid £640 last week for both front and rear discs and pads at the local franchised VW dealer (Inchcape).

Tried booking via the website first and they wanted approx £1k. So rang them up and asked for a quote over the phone and was told £640.

I'm not saying there won't be cheaper garages out there, but this was the best I could do for genuine VW parts.
7.5 GTD

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 03 December 2023, 17:45 »
To answer my own question at the top of page 2, paid £640 last week for both front and rear discs and pads at the local franchised VW dealer (Inchcape).

Tried booking via the website first and they wanted approx £1k. So rang them up and asked for a quote over the phone and was told £640.

I'm not saying there won't be cheaper garages out there, but this was the best I could do for genuine VW parts.

Always worth calling round different dealers and asking for diclscount once you get a price from one they will usually all match it
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline coolhandluke123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 04 December 2023, 14:25 »

Always worth calling round different dealers and asking for diclscount once you get a price from one they will usually all match it

They will probably ask for it in writing as its in the T&C of price matching.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 04 December 2023, 19:16 »

They will probably ask for it in writing as its in the T&C of price matching.

Yeah I had this last year when shopping around for a cam belt. The closest dealer wouldn't even match the price on the VW website!
7.5 GTD