Author Topic: VW All-In Service plan - special offer.  (Read 14901 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: VW All-In Service plan - special offer.
« Reply #90 on: 12 November 2022, 11:34 »
My service plan runs out shortly as does my extended warranty.

Thinking of going for the all-in this time around. I'm due a cam belt change soon though and VW's website price of £789 is ridiculous.

Does anyone have any experience of taking out the all-in or the eligibility inspection having had work done outside the VW dealer network?

Sorry, don’t know the answer in that my car hasn’t had work done outside VW but can say my service advisor booked mine today without any check. Car has only been serviced this week, and he did mention that there isn’t a requirement for an eligibility check at present.
I’d just give them a ring and ask

Thanks for the reply.

I'll give them a call in the week and see what they say.
7.5 GTD

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 14 November 2022, 12:10 »
I booked my car in for a serivce under the "all in plan", at the dealership where I had the inspection and took the plan out.

The car requires the "major service" and an MOT.  Firstly I mentioned the car is 6 month into the all in plan and as yet has not had a service under the plan. I was offered a 1/2 price Mot and told I would have to pay for the plugs outside of the service plan?

I pointed out the spark plug change is included under a VW major service schedule as are the 2 Mot tests under the all in plan, also that I was happy to get VW Milton Keynes to call them to confirm?

All agreed in the end, but why is it so much hassle being a VW customer?

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #92 on: 14 November 2022, 22:05 »
Are plugs included in a major service under a regular service plan or just the all-in plan?
2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #93 on: 14 November 2022, 22:31 »
Plugs are included in the major under a normal service plan as well.

The plugs are the main thing that makes it a major, other than a few filter changes.
2017 mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual
1991 T25 Camper
1967 Beetle 1500

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #94 on: 14 November 2022, 22:51 »
Ok so I've just bought the regular SP at £15.50 pm but I've checked the 'included and excluded' items on both types of SP's and plugs are mysteriously not mentioned on either, air and pollen filters but nothing on plugs.

What year are plugs due? My next service in March 2023 will be year four.

Any links to where plugs are mentioned so I can use this if needed.

Don't plugs fall into the same category as brake fluid changes and charged as an extra?

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 14 November 2022, 23:09 »
Plugs should be done at 4 years or 40k, whichever is first-

https://www.shopdap.com/blog/post/service-schedule-for-mk7-5-gti-2018-2019.html

Mine were done on my recent (4th year) service- and was covered by my service plan.

I don’t think plugs are done at every major service- which may be why they aren’t specified on the list of items included on the service plan.

It shouldn’t be an additional cost as it is a part of the regular service schedule
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #96 on: 15 November 2022, 07:44 »
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners-and-drivers/servicing/pricing-for-cars-over-3.html

So I was slightly wrong - they are included in a major "if required".

VW changed my spark plugs at about 23,000 miles, 4 years, under a service plan, presumably in line with Yusee's link above

« Last Edit: 15 November 2022, 07:46 by LSBristol »
2017 mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual
1991 T25 Camper
1967 Beetle 1500

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #97 on: 15 November 2022, 08:49 »
Cool that's very helpful.... I'm hoping they do it without any issue but like most things I don't find out what's been done until the point I pick up my car which for is usually right at the end of the day near closing, so no chance of them just doing a quick change while the techs are still onsite.  It seems at my local as I'm on a SP (and not paying up front) they don't provide an itemised invoice to go through the work done.

If I ask what will be changed I usually get the 'well we plug it and the car tells us what needs doing'!

I think I'm going to have to make a point of asking.

Offline Mark G.

• Not said much yet
« Reply #98 on: 25 November 2022, 20:36 »
My GTI PP had a major service last week (under the All-in service plan) and the spark plugs were not changed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they were only replaced if deemed necessary / required to do so; not a mandatory requirement ? (I previously posted under the "Clutch pedal stuck to the floor thread").

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 25 November 2022, 22:02 »
My GTI PP had a major service last week (under the All-in service plan) and the spark plugs were not changed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought they were only replaced if deemed necessary / required to do so; not a mandatory requirement ? (I previously posted under the "Clutch pedal stuck to the floor thread").

Yes, only changed if necessary.
Changed at 4 years or 40k miles, whichever is first- according to the shopdap website.
Ask your dealer to explain if you’re not happy
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.