Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2776002 times)

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12440 on: 20 August 2022, 22:17 »
Thanks both, it’s good to be back!
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12441 on: 21 August 2022, 13:59 »
Welcome back  :smiley:
Pretty much all bases covered there, a big solid family bus and a lithe hatch for fun.
We’ll done for sticking two fingers up to those bipedal turds who get their kicks from stealing things.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline P_D15LEY

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12442 on: 23 August 2022, 14:42 »
I've just put the original springs back on the car , I found the eibach pro springs and 19in wheels , didn't make for a comfortable ride .

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12443 on: 23 August 2022, 14:55 »
I've just put the original springs back on the car , I found the eibach pro springs and 19in wheels , didn't make for a comfortable ride .

You passed me on the Exeter bypass yesterday. I was the one in the Clubsport with lowered suspension courtesy of a tonne of my son’s junk in the back.

Previous experience over many years has led me to accept that UK roads and lowering springs aren’t a great combo unless you spend four figure sums on top end matched spring and damper kits that don’t have firm springs. Or if you take out a mortgage for a set of Öhlins. But the latter are far too nice to fit to a car, much better on motorbikes where you can actually admire the engineering.

Mk7’s sit reasonably low anyway. Just chuck a few bags of cement and ballast in the boot, works for me!!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline P_D15LEY

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12444 on: 23 August 2022, 15:03 »
You passed me on the Exeter bypass yesterday. I was the one in the Clubsport with lowered suspension courtesy of a tonne of my son’s junk in the back,

That wasn't me that was my sister taking it to get the springs done..

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12445 on: 23 August 2022, 16:14 »
Ahh, I didn’t actually see who was driving, I saw the wheels and then the plate and then whooooosh, it was gone!  :laugh:
The traffic was far too heavy for any of that in reality.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline o`Neil

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12446 on: 24 August 2022, 10:19 »

That wasn't me that was my sister taking it to get the springs done..

I think I know your sister  :wink:

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #12447 on: 24 August 2022, 10:37 »
Thanks Exonian, much appreciated! I've enjoyed reading about your new Clubsport too

Welcome back  :smiley:
Pretty much all bases covered there, a big solid family bus and a lithe hatch for fun.
We’ll done for sticking two fingers up to those bipedal turds who get their kicks from stealing things.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12448 on: 24 August 2022, 22:16 »
Finally joined the 'swoopy' club to match the rears, i had to wait a few days due to this (thanks Amazon!)

You don't realise how poor the standard one's are until the new ones are fitted. (can just make out the orange at each end!)

New ones fitted.

Shout out to everyone that recommended the Osram ones  :wink:

Also changed the cabin filter which was pretty manky and upside down, good job they don't have directional arrows printed on them  :grin:
A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #12449 on: 27 August 2022, 12:53 »
Rotated my wheels when the car was up on axle stands. PS4S tyres are holding out really well and very little difference in the wear between front and rear. Followed the advice from a previous post, switching the backs to different sides when transferring to the front and transferring the fronts to the back on the same side.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI