Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286916 times)

VeeDubGTI16v

Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3660 on: 28 September 2012, 10:57 »
I reckon Ross has told him merc have triple drs next season

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #3661 on: 28 September 2012, 13:17 »
I think he's gone there for all the reasons people will ridicule him for though. Merc are not a top three team, therefore it wont be in the interest of the sport for either party. He's done it for the money and for the fame. I think he's a fantastic driver, but he's also a jumped up little pr1ck. I think this is a step backward for him, and all it will do is widen the contempt for him from all those that actually follow motorsport, and know a bit about it/him as a whole.
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3662 on: 28 September 2012, 14:29 »
You do have to think about 2014 and the new engine regs. Works teams like Mercedes and Ferrari are going to be ahead in terms of development. Ferrari have already built and dyno tested a 2014 spec engine and mercedes are thereabout too. Right now it seems like a step backwards, seeing as mclaren consistently finished ahead of mercedes in the championship however in 2 year's time it may be very different. I think change was needed, Hamilton has been with mclaren for 5 years now and has won 1 championship so it's not like he's throwing everything away.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3663 on: 28 September 2012, 14:32 »
You do have to think about 2014 and the new engine regs. Works teams like Mercedes and Ferrari are going to be ahead in terms of development. Ferrari have already built and dyno tested a 2014 spec engine and mercedes are thereabout too. Right now it seems like a step backwards, seeing as mclaren consistently finished ahead of mercedes in the championship however in 2 year's time it may be very different. I think change was needed, Hamilton has been with mclaren for 5 years now and has won 1 championship so it's not like he's throwing everything away.

he's had a 14 year association with McLaren

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3664 on: 28 September 2012, 14:43 »
Yes but it doesn't mean he's got a lifetime contract with them. Perez for example has been brought up to F1 via the Ferrari academy and he's now a mclaren driver. Vettel has been brought up with the red bull scheme and although he's still at red bull now and in the next few years I do think he will at some point move away. It's the same with drivers like Jules Bianchi, Daniel Ricciardo and Jean Eric Vergne. They're all brought in via schemes big teams and names and eventually they'll end up in other teams.

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #3665 on: 28 September 2012, 14:44 »
Another 12 moths and they'd have taken him off to France without telling his paremts!

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3666 on: 28 September 2012, 15:01 »
Perez and Button's similar driving styles will be good for the mclaren designers

so, who is going to sauber? schumi?  :laugh:

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3667 on: 28 September 2012, 15:14 »
Either Alguersuari or Kovalinen. If neither, Petrov will go from Caterham and Alguersuari will partner Kovalinen. I'd like to see Schumi back at Ferrari and Massa at Sauber, both back at their old teams.

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3668 on: 28 September 2012, 15:43 »
yeah that would be a good scenario! reckon massa would benefit from a fresh start

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #3669 on: 28 September 2012, 16:28 »
I really hope he didn't move for the money. Sports stars like LH could buy anything they wanted, they don't need any more money. I think he is probably aiming for the 2014 season as mentioned by various sources. For me it is a shame that he is leaving Mclaren, loved the JB LH pairing, don't think Perez will do any where near as good.