Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286968 times)

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #3110 on: 18 March 2012, 09:41 »
hamilton had some bad luck though, he was on the pace but lost out in the pits and he got held up by perez, saw him go purple a few times so i don't think he's out of the count. Really pleased with williams this year too, i was starting to get worried!

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3111 on: 18 March 2012, 09:59 »
hamilton had some bad luck though, he was on the pace but lost out in the pits and he got held up by perez, saw him go purple a few times so i don't think he's out of the count. Really pleased with williams this year too, i was starting to get worried!

hamilton had pole and he bogged down at the start.. if he hadn't of done that he would have been in the lead and had his call on pit stop order etc... which would probably have not led to him being held up by the SC and Vettel, wasn't bad luck, it was racing.. and he didn't win. Button did win, because he drove a blinder from the first second.

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #3112 on: 18 March 2012, 11:12 »
Button can challenge, no doubt.

I rate him above Hamilton

Then you are stupid.

:lipsrsealed: :shocked: :evil:
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
« Reply #3113 on: 18 March 2012, 11:35 »
true, but you can't dicount hamilton, it's just the luck of the draw, you win some you loose some, he gets a tough rap because he moans and shows too much emotion, can't blame him he's been conditioned his entire life for his life in f1, he hasn't had the opportunity to just live a normal life. Not quite on the scale of michael jackson but similar. I feel for him i really do and i still beleive he's sh*t hot behind the wheel and fully capable of being world champion again. Also Mclaren's double pit stop was a thing of beauty!   :smiley:

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #3114 on: 18 March 2012, 13:44 »
Great result for Button...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #3115 on: 18 March 2012, 13:45 »

hamilton had pole and he bogged down at the start.. if he hadn't of done that he would have been in the lead and had his call on pit stop order etc... which would probably have not led to him being held up by the SC and Vettel, wasn't bad luck, it was racing.. and he didn't win. Button did win, because he drove a blinder from the first second.

Have to agree.. vettel was slighty lucky with the SC coming out when it did but he also displayed some great driving (or some would say unfortunate for LH). A good sign of things to come this season  :cool:

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
« Reply #3116 on: 18 March 2012, 14:10 »
Agreed, i think with the feild being closer together this year strategy will be king, worries me a little as mclaren made some monumentally sh1te calls last year ie pitting hamilton in hungary.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3117 on: 18 March 2012, 16:12 »
So yet more lies from the BBC , we was told a number of times that there would be a F1 Forum at every race , live or not.

Jake even tweeted about it 4 days ago, but what happens today...nothing..no forum.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #3118 on: 18 March 2012, 16:21 »
What I don't understand is why the fcuk BBC have dropped showing all races live. Jake, DC and Eddie as well as Lee and the commentators all travel there, and do a pre-race show. Ok it's not as long as before but it's still got the quality, and the great line up. If they're recording with cameras why can't they just go on live rather than record and show the footage hours later???

Seriously dislike Sky coverage. Won't be getting up for pre-race show on the early ones anymore. And people spoke of Legard being Mr Shouty, but Crofty isn't any quieter...

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #3119 on: 18 March 2012, 16:24 »
money innit

the pre race show on bbc wasn't really worth watching either. I usually turn on in time for Brundle's pit walk