Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286991 times)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2660 on: 29 August 2011, 00:11 »
Eddie Jordan is a cock

End of

+1

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #2661 on: 29 August 2011, 08:26 »
Eddie Jordan is a cock

End of

+1

Gonna have to call a taxi for you both at this rate...... Leave...Leave with Rhyso!
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2662 on: 01 September 2011, 00:08 »
turkey dropped from 2012 confirmation  :sad:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94148

at least the calendar is back to Australia opening and Brazil closing....................for now.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2663 on: 01 September 2011, 00:12 »
turkey dropped from 2012 confirmation  :sad:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94148

at least the calendar is back to Australia opening and Brazil closing....................for now.

Shame , as the actual track in Turkey is good, even more so when you compare it to sh!te like Valencia and Bahrain!! But of course, Bernie does not care about good exciting race tracks, just ones that make money

Not that I will get to see half of the races next year anyway because of Sky

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #2664 on: 01 September 2011, 00:12 »
I clearly look at Lewis with rose tinted glasses. Felt sorry for him, I appreciate its a race but what was Kobayashi doing!? He had a broken front wing for gods sake, what did he actually expected to achieve. Never mind.

Cracking drive from JB. Feed up of the RBs now.

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2665 on: 01 September 2011, 00:19 »
I clearly look at Lewis with rose tinted glasses. Felt sorry for him, I appreciate its a race but what was Kobayashi doing!? He had a broken front wing for gods sake, what did he actually expected to achieve. Never mind.

50/50 I say. Lewis should have known were kamui was and he moved across the track. Kamui was just trying to pressurize Lewis I think, I think he knew he wasn't going to make the overtake, he was just trying to make Lewis miss the braking point.

Offline stu646

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2666 on: 01 September 2011, 00:22 »

Same here, nothing against the team or drivers, but in all honestly the season is over now. No one will catch Vettel or RB in the constructors.

Good on Schumi though, from last to finish 5th , was a great drive

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #2667 on: 01 September 2011, 12:19 »

I agree with you totally Alan, I felt sorry for him too, I don't think he was all there giving his interview after the bump either..
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #2668 on: 01 September 2011, 13:05 »

I agree with you totally Alan, I felt sorry for him too, I don't think he was all there giving his interview after the bump either..

His not had the luck at times this year and the press seems to jump on his back everytime something goes wrong. Still for me his the best driver out there but he needs to learn how to bide his time in races. i.e. look at the race where he got taken out by Button. He was to desperate to get up through the field in the first few laps in wet conditions even though it was obvious there was going to be lots of safety cars and calling correct tyre changes in which time could easily be made up.

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2669 on: 01 September 2011, 13:11 »

I dont think it was the fact that he wasnt all there, i think it was just massive disapointment to know the point gap is now totally unacheivable  :sad: devistated for Lewis.

Turned out a good race thou, Schumi showed a performance like the ferrari years!
Button definitely driver of the day thou, fantastic drive!

Shame this season hasnt been more competative, will definitely miss the BBC. HATE SKY!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept