Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286868 times)

Offline fozziie

• Here all the time
  • psn: fozziie
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2050 on: 17 February 2011, 20:01 »
So what happens if Heidfeld's Renault turns out to be awesome and he's in with a good shout for the driver's title when Kubica wants to come back???  :huh:

then that other boy...whatshisname...will be out of a drive!
Personally i can;t see Kubica racing F1 this season.

Whenever it starts...seeing as theres now doubts over the season opener in Bahrain, on account of them all having a bit of a falling out over there

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2051 on: 18 February 2011, 13:09 »
heidfeild doesnt really have much of a chance of being near the top of the table to be honest, he's a good driver just lacks the competitive edge the better drivers have.

If he was in the game for winning they would possibly swap petrov for kubica if petrov wasnt in with a good shout on the top teams. But saying that if petrov was doing well it would surprise me to see them suspend kubica's return.

I think kubica will be back, miss a few races but he'll not be out long. He knows the cabability of the team this year and if he has a chance at a title i can imagine he'll be doing everything to hurry up his recovery, all surgery has been a success so who knows!

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline fozziie

• Here all the time
« Reply #2052 on: 18 February 2011, 13:15 »
I dunno...im still not convinced he'll be back this year...even if its through choice...personally, if it was me, I'd much prefer to sit out the season if I could only race half of it, I'd be back at the factory with the engineers developing the 2012 car.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2053 on: 18 February 2011, 13:23 »
I'd be back at the factory with the engineers developing the 2012 car.

There's not a lot a driver can do in the factory except set up and PR  :undecided:
I definitely think he'll be back, he couldn't afford to miss a full season out of choice (besides the fact his contract would allow him to choose). Look at Rikonnen, yes he was being very demanding salery wise but when he wanted to return this year the teams were competing for the top drivers of the moment, there are too many very good drivers in F1 now to slot in and out of seasons whenever like drivers of the late 90's and the Schumacer years

Offline bigstring

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2054 on: 18 February 2011, 16:20 »
On another note, off to Spa for the first time this year, anyone been?

http://www.spagrandprix.com/

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2055 on: 18 February 2011, 21:56 »
heidfeild doesnt really have much of a chance of being near the top of the table to be honest, he's a good driver just lacks the competitive edge the better drivers have.

If he was in the game for winning they would possibly swap petrov for kubica if petrov wasnt in with a good shout on the top teams. But saying that if petrov was doing well it would surprise me to see them suspend kubica's return.

I think kubica will be back, miss a few races but he'll not be out long. He knows the cabability of the team this year and if he has a chance at a title i can imagine he'll be doing everything to hurry up his recovery, all surgery has been a success so who knows!

the man had a partially severed right hand. His surgery was the easy part.
his nerves and tendons will be shortend , god knows by how much. It doesn't matter how fit or strong willed you are or how good your treatment is , they take a long time to repair if they ever can fully repair. once they are better (months and months at least) he'll then have to rebuild the strength in his forearm. This is not to mention all his other injuries,
To drive again in F1 he has to be able to use fine motor skills like you picking up a pencil and rolling it between your finger and thumb but while doing 200mph in a vibrating machine and under huge G forces..
I really doubt he'll be back in F1 before next season at best.

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #2056 on: 18 February 2011, 22:23 »

the man had a partially severed right hand. His surgery was the easy part.
his nerves and tendons will be shortend , god knows by how much. It doesn't matter how fit or strong willed you are or how good your treatment is , they take a long time to repair if they ever can fully repair. once they are better (months and months at least) he'll then have to rebuild the strength in his forearm. This is not to mention all his other injuries,
To drive again in F1 he has to be able to use fine motor skills like you picking up a pencil and rolling it between your finger and thumb but while doing 200mph in a vibrating machine and under huge G forces..
I really doubt he'll be back in F1 before next season at best.

No i dont think he'll be back for the season start but if he fully recovers (which we all hope he does) I think he will want to be back in F1 ASAP.
My main point was, if he fully recovers and the surgeons give him the all clear to race he will be put back in the car if the team require him to be back in the car. He cant simply say, i'm fine but naa i'll give up the season and start again next season, the wage he is on, he will be expected to race once fully recovered.

We'll just have to see what news follows and hope the best for him

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2057 on: 19 February 2011, 00:12 »
like i said when this first happened , i really hope he does recover enough to get back in f1 , even if it takes a few years.
he's only 26 so even in 2 years he'll still have plenty of f1 years in him.
I do think he'll be back in a rally car if he never recovers enough for F1 tho'.

Offline DOA

• I live here
« Reply #2058 on: 19 February 2011, 00:15 »
If he does get the all clear, the simulators will tell the team most of what they will want to know before they let him anywhere near a real car.

As for them using Heidfeld, its a no-brainer, he finishes races and has done so consistently throughout his career whilst doing masses of development work for a number of teams which effectively makes him priceless compared to Fau-Senna when you consider that Renault are a shadow of the "team" that won with Alonso (Briatori and co might have been dirty buggers but they knew how to win with a good driver and decent budget).

I notice no-one has mentioned the rioting in Bahrain at the moment......

Offline fozziie

• Here all the time
« Reply #2059 on: 19 February 2011, 02:35 »

[/quote]
If he does get the all clear, the simulators will tell the team most of what they will want to know before they let him anywhere near a real car.

As for them using Heidfeld, its a no-brainer, he finishes races and has done so consistently throughout his career whilst doing masses of development work for a number of teams which effectively makes him priceless compared to Fau-Senna when you consider that Renault are a shadow of the "team" that won with Alonso (Briatori and co might have been dirty buggers but they knew how to win with a good driver and decent budget).

I notice no-one has mentioned the rioting in Bahrain at the moment......

Whenever it starts...seeing as theres now doubts over the season opener in Bahrain, on account of them all having a bit of a falling out over there

i did!!