Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286960 times)

adamrob69

Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #2000 on: 10 February 2011, 13:18 »
Lotus / Renault exhaust set up, very interesting.

http://www.racecar-engineering.com/articles/f1/renaults-radical-r31-exhaust-system/

mclaren have had the same idea apparently

Mclaren released.
http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/6722119/McLaren-Reveal-The-MP4-26-In-Berlin

Standard exhaust though...

The Lotus sounds pure evil!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9G-j0Fq0ZI

Looks like mclaren are upto something with the exhaust...From that pic it looks alot more useful then the renaults design
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/mcla_exha_jere_2011.jpg

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2001 on: 12 February 2011, 20:45 »
Heidfield will get the seat, no question about it.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89447

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2002 on: 12 February 2011, 21:12 »
Your probably right but god i hope not! :angry:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2003 on: 12 February 2011, 21:23 »
I hope not too, he's such a midfield runner and never takes any risks. Such a plain racer  :sad:

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #2004 on: 12 February 2011, 21:37 »
He is a better choice than Senna IMO. :smiley:
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2005 on: 12 February 2011, 21:46 »

How do you know? From 170 odd GP starts Heidfield has, he's never won a race, and he's been in competitive cars over the years.
Senna had to drive a clown car last year, so we've not seen his full potential in an F1 car. What F1 needs is the oldies to retire (it hurts to say it) but Trulli, Barrichello, Schumacher and Webber should retire.

We need more young daring drivers like Hamilton, Kobayashi and Alguersuari that take risks and push the car to the limits.

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #2006 on: 12 February 2011, 22:21 »

How do you know? From 170 odd GP starts Heidfield has, he's never won a race, and he's been in competitive cars over the years.
Senna had to drive a clown car last year, so we've not seen his full potential in an F1 car. What F1 needs is the oldies to retire (it hurts to say it) but Trulli, Barrichello, Schumacher and Webber should retire.

We need more young daring drivers like Hamilton, Kobayashi and Alguersuari that take risks and push the car to the limits.

I don't know, hence the IMO. 

You obviously know everything there is to know about F1, or at least you like to think you do.

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #2007 on: 12 February 2011, 22:31 »
As renault keep pointing out , they want someone with experience who can develop the car. that'll be Heidfeld then.

Didn't Senna get blown away by replacements and team mates a few time last year? I doubt if he didn't pay for his seat at HRT and wasn't called Senna he'd not be in F1.   

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #2008 on: 12 February 2011, 22:33 »

I don't know, hence the IMO. 

You obviously know everything there is to know about F1, or at least you like to think you do.

I've been following F1 since I remember. I used to tape every race on video, then watch it 3 or 4 times during the 2 week break.

I like to think I do know my way around F1  :smiley:

And even though Senna did get beaten by his team mates, I know that in a decent car he can perform well.

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #2009 on: 12 February 2011, 22:35 »
As renault keep pointing out , they want someone with experience who can develop the car. that'll be Heidfeld then.

Didn't Senna get blown away by replacements and team mates a few time last year? I doubt if he didn't pay for his seat at HRT and wasn't called Senna he'd not be in F1.   

+1