Author Topic: F1 Thread  (Read 286940 times)

Offline mwep201081

• Here all the time
Re: F1 Thread
« Reply #1740 on: 07 November 2010, 23:29 »
Jonathan Legard - how did a man with so little fundamental understanding of motorsport in general become a F1 commentator?!?!?!

The man is clearly an idiot.

Brundle is no better, Barrichello has a flat tyre and he says it is only flat at the bottom.

I know it was a bad attempt but he was taking the pee there....don't you get it??

Offline Devilz

• I live here
  • Cruisin is not a crime
« Reply #1741 on: 08 November 2010, 00:08 »
rookie on pole cost alonso from winning today, now it will be decided next week at final race. One of the most exciting season in f1

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1742 on: 08 November 2010, 11:37 »
rookie on pole cost alonso from winning today, now it will be decided next week at final race. One of the most exciting season in f1

Agreed its been a fantastic season (-Legard)

If there had been no retirements over the top 4 drivers this season it would have been a very interesting finish! Hamilton still would have been in with a good chance, alonso probably in the same boat and webber mabey a few less points behind alonso.

I dont think Hamilton has any chance at the title now which is devistating but i think he knows that just as much as anyone else.
Vettle could win it if he does another trick on Webber and has a go at taking out the Ferrari aswel.

Really i think its down to Webber and Alonso. Personally I'm now backing Webber for the title even though he took out Hamilton and has blaintly ruined his chance at the title this year! But anyways Webber deserves it for how much he's had to put up with this year, Alonso has made a great fight but he's such a pratt (amongst other words i would get banned from the site for) Webber has really proved he can be a top driver this year so I think he should have the Title, looking forward to the last will be another great one!  :smiley:

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #1743 on: 08 November 2010, 12:12 »
if the world was fair and just, a backmarker would do the decent thing and take out Alonso next week.  Following the incident at Hockenheim, he shouldn't even be in contention.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #1744 on: 08 November 2010, 12:17 »
if the world was fair and just, a backmarker would do the decent thing and take out Alonso next week.  Following the incident at Hockenheim, he shouldn't even be in contention.

I was hoping for something similar yesterday!  Especially with the chaos that ensued after the safety car.

Surely one of the teams could have bunged a few quid to one of the new teams in exchange for wiping someone out  :evil:

I'd like to see Webber win it.  That would certainly stick 2 fingers up to the management at Red Bull  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline smitty12

• I live here
  • R32
« Reply #1745 on: 08 November 2010, 12:53 »
100% Agree rhyso!!!

I do have to say i did laugh very hard last week when you seen pistons and conrods and bits of exploded engine fly out the back of Vettles car  :grin: :grin: :grin:

Mk7 Golf GTI Clubsport S Tornado Red - on the way!
Mk4 Golf R32 Grey Anthracite Pearl Effect
Mk4 Golf GTI 2.slow Yellow Colour Concept

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #1746 on: 08 November 2010, 13:09 »
The thing that realy annoys me is that Ferrari telling Massa to let Alonso past him could be the difference when it comes to the end of the season and although I'm glad that Redbull didnt some how decide to "engineer" a win for Webber it's sad that Alonso may win as a result of what is nothing more than cheating that was punished in the most pathetic way.  :angry:

Offline DarnPB

• I live here
  • Formerly Darnpistonbroke
« Reply #1747 on: 08 November 2010, 17:33 »
The facts. For Webber to become world champion, he has to win with Alonso coming third at best. If Alonso comes second or first, he becomes champion.

Scenario. Hamilton is leading the race. Webber is second and Alonso is third. Hamilton has nothing to lose and nothing really to gain. He stays in the same place as far as world ranking goes for this year.
Would Hamilton give up a win to not allow Alonso to become world champion and hand Webber his first championship?

THE FORUMS NUMBER ONE ANTI-FOOTBALL FAN!!!

Offline Khare

• Serious forum addict
  • The bear that khares
« Reply #1748 on: 08 November 2010, 17:41 »
Off track Hamilton and Alonso are actually good pals. Lewis has been praising Alonso a lot recently.

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here
« Reply #1749 on: 08 November 2010, 17:48 »
I've never really got that impression  :undecided: