Author Topic: heater blower? climatronic problem.. seems not! shafted by vw main dealer!!  (Read 18834 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
i'd certainly be pushing for some money off for mis-diagnosis and fitting parts which hasn't cure the problem

EDIT - just spoken to my missis who works for Trading Standards - she says to refuse to pay for the labour of fitting the water pump and the water pump itself

did you agree to the replacement of the cambelt?? otherwise you could push for not paying that.

She also said to ask them to PUT BACK the old parts as they aren't faulty and at their expense!!

:evil:
« Last Edit: 10 November 2008, 20:53 by Rhyso »

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
hey been waiting for a mod to post in this lol! ta mate  :wink:

im certainly gonna try!  i even booked it in through my work to get trade discount so im wondering if that is discounted....

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
hey been waiting for a mod to post in this lol! ta mate  :wink:

im certainly gonna try!  i even booked it in through my work to get trade discount so im wondering if that is discounted....

edited my post above - hope it helps  :wink:

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
oh hello.... thats interesting  :wink: may just do that!

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
they said cambelt needs replacing as removing waterpump contaminates the belt which i no is true... but thats interesting mate! ta!!

Offline Fatty B

• GTI forum regular
like i said earlyer the water pump may have not been broken but will be when you ask to see it trust me!!! its a good shout for not paying the labour for the cambelt and waterpump didnt they break the thermostat anyway???
If your buying im selling!!!!!!!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
they said cambelt needs replacing as removing waterpump contaminates the belt which i no is true... but thats interesting mate! ta!!

but if the water pump isn't at fault then the cambelt didn't need replacing  :wink:

Offline Fatty B

• GTI forum regular
there talking out there arse removing the pump dont contaminate the belt because you take the belt off first before removing the pump so no coolant will go on the belt.
If your buying im selling!!!!!!!

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
ah yes! good point that actually! but i guess you have to remove the pump to see if it had broken..

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
there talking out there arse removing the pump dont contaminate the belt because you take the belt off first before removing the pump so no coolant will go on the belt.
never thought about that