Author Topic: heater blower? climatronic problem.. seems not! shafted by vw main dealer!!  (Read 18833 times)

Offline Fatty B

• GTI forum regular
not all dealers are like this i hope. chances are the water pump is broken or will be when they drop it when you ask for it catch my drift!!!! keep your cool when there and ask to speak to some important and express your concerns about the diag and ask for a full explanation from start to finish how they come to find that the car first need a cambelt-waterpump then theromosate and housing and now a heat flap what next climate control unit or cooling fans??????
If your buying im selling!!!!!!!

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
it does not give me alot of faith in vw, i sent it there becuase they are the experts, but all they have seem to do is mess me around, like you say whats next for them to say is faulty before they get to the bottom of my problem!

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline Fatty B

• GTI forum regular
who knows i will be wanting discount please on what you have had done and if you find something fishy about the diag then maybe some free labour for mis diagnosing the car. But like you say not much faith but dont tarnish everyone with the same brush mate

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
 :cry: guess i wont no the full story till i go collect my car will i!

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline Fatty B

• GTI forum regular
let me no how you get on when you picking it up then????

Offline GOLF_MK

• I live here
find a decent indy, my local dealer are aweful too.....

One 25 miles away are much better though!

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
thing is like i have said somewhere in this topic i am myself a technician, but ford!!

i would have done the job myself but i had nothing but a "think" the waterpumps failed! it wasnt good enough for me to do the job and after i had done it where do i stand then with it still blowing cold air! apart from out of pocket and doing pointless stuff that didnt need doing! in the end it would have to go back to vw to be looked at again! so i thought while its there and im not to skint let them do it! big mistake i guess but who else has the equipment as good as main dealers to investigate such problems like this. i guess i just wont be using them again, simple as that and now my cambelt and waterpump have been changed its unlikely they will fail or need replacing before i sell the car.

they told me i would be getting the car back tomorrow this morning, but they said that 4 days running now... so who nos could be tomorrow could be wednesday!

just outta interest where the hell are the heater flaps and what kind of job is it to replace... any ideas?!

Offline Fatty B

• GTI forum regular
the heater flap is locatated behind the glove box in the left hand corner and is a pig to fit also it needs to be put into basic setting with the climate unit when fitted. how much they quoted you then ?

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
447 for the cambelt, waterpump and thermostat
250 for heater flap fault to be fixed!
  :laugh:

Offline Fatty B

• GTI forum regular
thats expensive considering the market at this time. sure you can work a deal with some discount.