Author Topic: Mid life crisis over now back to my happy place  (Read 2864 times)

Offline Gt11DOD

• Not said much yet
Mid life crisis over now back to my happy place
« on: 30 July 2023, 09:28 »
Morning all

So I posted on here last year advertising my 7.5 GTI P as I was fancying a change so bought a lovely  :sad: hairdressers car a Merc C220 cab however the honeymoon was short lived and after 9 months of ownership and complete disconnect I realised that when you have spent your life grinning from ear to ear every time you see or drive a VW Golf no other car will do even my wife of 27 years said don’t do it and man she was so right!

I’m 50 now and I grew up in Brixton Souwf Lundun and only 3 things mattered Trainers Music and VW’s that has never left me and clearly never will.

So I suppose what I am asking is will you all let me back into the family? I am clearly a moron for my sins all be it a nice one but I have repented and purchased myself another Golf after taking a massive hit on the Merc but I can safely say when I ripped the plaster off I only felt pure adrenaline and euphoria and on the test drive looked across and her majesty the wife and she was also buzzing looked me in the eye and said you’re back where you belong a sentence usually reserved when I’m in the spare room for buying stuff I don’t need on t internet  :grin:

The moral of this story is buy a Golf love your Golf Keep your Golf and in fact buy more Golf’s because they are clearly the one thing you will buy that even the other half is happy with and even when it breaks you will still smile when you look at it because they are the greatest cars ever made!  :grin:

Now I’m off to research next years replacement for GTI Meeting at Lake Wörthersee now in Wolfsburg anyone else going?

https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/press-releases/gti-is-coming-home-volkswagen-is-bringing-the-gti-meeting-to-wolfsburg-15521 :sad:

Have a fantastic day all appreciate your time reading this

Offline willni

• I live here
Re: Mid life crisis over now back to my happy place
« Reply #1 on: 30 July 2023, 11:20 »
Just right, sister in law had a C300 cab and when my brother drove it all he said was it's nice to sit in but even with he extra power over his GTD he said it was an awful driving experience and my sister in law preferred driving his golf!

Mercs are a good car but imo they're an old mans car, with the exception of the 43's and 63's.

The real question is, which variant of GTI are you going to get back into?
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 30 July 2023, 11:44 »
I used to have a C240 Avantgarde, V6 2.6 litre engine with 6 speed auto back in 2002. Smooth and relatively quick but utterly soulless. Sold it after a couple of years. Bought it from new and lost a load of ££’s on it.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #3 on: 30 July 2023, 12:40 »

The moral of this story is
buy a Golf love your Golf Keep your Golf and in fact buy more Golf’s
:cool:  :evil: :grin:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Gt11DOD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 30 July 2023, 14:57 »
Just right, sister in law had a C300 cab and when my brother drove it all he said was it's nice to sit in but even with he extra power over his GTD he said it was an awful driving experience and my sister in law preferred driving his golf!

Mercs are a good car but imo they're an old mans car, with the exception of the 43's and 63's.

The real question is, which variant of GTI are you going to get back into?

Oh no I knew someone would ask the GTI question   :huh:

So I have to confess I’ve owned Mk 1,3,4,5,6 and 7.5 GTI’s and based on this I have bought a 2017 R as I have never owned one but will be keeping my eyes open for a MK 5 GTI to keep it company.

Test drove the R yesterday and loved the feel of it so took the plunge collecting it next week. I really wanted a Mk 6 GTI that was on autotrader red 3 door with only 17,000 miles from new but it went before I could get to the owner  :cry:

I know there is some stigma around about R drivers but that’s not me and I know this is GTI forum but I’ve had a few and will be buying another GTI soon so hope I’m still welcome round these parts  :grin:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #5 on: 30 July 2023, 17:30 »
Hope you enjoy the R as much as previous GTIs.
Out of curiosity how much was the 17k mile mk6 GTI?   :nerd:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Gt11DOD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 30 July 2023, 17:32 »
It was 15k absolutely immaculate

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #7 on: 30 July 2023, 17:37 »
It was 15k absolutely immaculate
Thanks. Im guessing a late Uk,  and not edition 35 one.
Was just curious as mime has similar milage.
« Last Edit: 30 July 2023, 17:40 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 

Offline Gt11DOD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 30 July 2023, 17:59 »
It was a 2011 car

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 30 July 2023, 20:16 »
I'd near part with my mk5 edition 30, 28/9k miles roughly, 5 door, red, xenons, manual
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/