Author Topic: Big favour for my stupid rear wiper!  (Read 4663 times)

Offline Deefadog

• I live here
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
Big favour for my stupid rear wiper!
« on: 11 June 2005, 22:18 »
This is driving me mad!!! I have replaced the wiper arm today and the relay, no difference (even taken the rear mechanism out and really greased it)! it seems to be out of sequence, like it does 90% of a cycle each time , so the rear wiper ends up in different positions each time!!

I think at some point a previous owner has tried to to the lay flat trick, but messed it up!

Can some please, pleaser, please  take a pic of there rear wiper mechanism inside the car so i can see the postions of the arms, i should be able to put it back to normal from that.

Cheers
My 89 16v  /  Essential golf links

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
Re: Big favour for my stupid rear wiper!
« Reply #1 on: 11 June 2005, 22:24 »
tighten the bolt that hold the wiper in place. migt be slipping
:)

Offline Deefadog

• I live here
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
« Reply #2 on: 11 June 2005, 22:56 »
I have tried, seems solid, damn thing :)

I really need a pic to see if the arms are out of sink!

Go on mate you know you want to take a pic :) what else you got to do on a sunday LoL

seriously, it would really help me out!!

And i got a brand new Fiat marea estate rear wiper arm coming on Tuesday!!

Offline chubby

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2005, 23:52 »
if the nut is tight and the splines are ok it could be the motor its self thats faulty.

Offline Deefadog

• I live here
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
« Reply #4 on: 12 June 2005, 11:19 »
Could be mate, as it only does half a sweep! say from flat, it will go to the up position only! i think it should g back to where it started from at just one push, the relay clicks exactly in time also, not sure if this is right?? (i have tried anthor relay and it's the same, so i can rule that out!

I'll have a play again today, then it's of to egay for another motor or if any one has one here  :wink: :wink:

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 12 June 2005, 13:58 »
i would take a pic but i bolted my rear cover on and its missions to undo :laugh:

undo that 10mm bolt at the motor end and lay the wiper flat. switch the wiper on/off a few times and then bolt it back up again???  :undecided:

Offline Deefadog

• I live here
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
« Reply #6 on: 12 June 2005, 14:45 »
Cheers, did all that took it all apart, but still the same. :(

Just to clear up! from the flat position does your wiper go up and come back down on one full cycle? or does it go from flat to up position then stop and come back to the flat positon on the next cycle?

Offline Mr Blue

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2005, 14:28 »
Probs abit late now but i was changing the boot clips with new ones which accidently slipped into my pocket at the scrappy.

so while the cover was off i took some picks just for you deffa.

im such a nice person :smiley: :cool:

Offline Deefadog

• I live here
  • Mk2 16V (November 89)
« Reply #8 on: 13 June 2005, 14:54 »
Thanks mate, your a star! Was your wiper in the lay flat positon when you took these shots?

Also Just to clear up! from the flat position does your wiper go up and come back down on one full cycle? or does it go from flat to up position then stop and come back to the flat positon on the next cycle?

Cheers

Offline takethefifth

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 13 June 2005, 16:17 »
Hi Deefa,  the wiper should wipe and return to its original position in one movement.  The position of the link arm to the motor is no different for standard or lay flat. To get the wiper flat you take it off and move it leaving all the inside links as they were.  Then i think there is something about bending it a bit to get it properly flat but i don't know about that really!
J.