Author Topic: Uodate changed settings?  (Read 1309 times)

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
Uodate changed settings?
« on: 04 October 2021, 20:08 »
Just been to get some long awaited fuel, and when I got back in, the car said something along the lines of updating driver or vehicle settings. Then all the lighting changed to yellow. Anyone had this?

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
Re: Uodate changed settings?
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2021, 10:01 »
Yellow lighting is the standard colour for the Individual drive mode.

The message you got sounds like a Primary User issue.  I would imagine the car could not log you in and set itself to the default, meaning the Individual setting went back default also.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2021, 20:56 »
Are you sure you got back in the right car?
 :whistle:

Go check the reg plate!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Wrex22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2021, 23:38 »
What does the “automatic” option in the ambient lighting do?

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2021, 01:25 »
I have mine set to Auto all the time.  It changes the colour of the AID and accent lighting, depending on which drive mode you're in.

Eco - Blue AID & Blue Lighting
Comfort - Red AID & White Lighting
Sport - Red AID & Red Lighting

Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 07 October 2021, 09:20 »
I get this on at least every other restart... I press OK and everything "resets" for about 2 seconds, I see the side-assist lights flash briefly and then everything comes back again.
Not sure what the point of it is? I'm the only user registered on the car so I dunno what "user settings" it is changing?
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 07 October 2021, 09:23 »

There's another gimmicky lighting upgrade package you can get in the online "shop"... can't remember what its called, but there's a 1 month free trial. Only thing I've noticed it do is if you switch on the hazard warning lights, then all the interior ambient lights start flashing in orange too  :cool:

Offline Brocky_

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 09 October 2021, 01:42 »
I get this on at least every other restart... I press OK and everything "resets" for about 2 seconds, I see the side-assist lights flash briefly and then everything comes back again.
Not sure what the point of it is? I'm the only user registered on the car so I dunno what "user settings" it is changing?
I had that happen to me once.  I had to log back in as Primary User - using e-mail and password - and it has been ok since.  It happening frequently would be enough for me to get it looked at, though.

FYI, I never press 'OK' when I start up.  I just leave it and it does it's thing then logs in as Primary.
Mk.8 GTI ClubSport

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 09 October 2021, 11:15 »
this happen to me too at every restart, it reset driving assist setting and other things back to factory setting. it is a common annoying problem with SW 1803.
most annoying for me is the resting of my speed limit reminder warning from +5 kph to 0 
VW is now rolling out a new SW 1804 in germany which is suppose to be more stable some people already have them   
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 09 October 2021, 20:50 »
Tbh I don’t mind it much, it’s a very minor annoyance. I haven’t noticed it mess up any of my saved settings so as long as it doesn’t do that, it’s fine. I did have a lot of hassle trying to setup myself a primary user. What an absolute ballache that process is. But since I got that working everything seems to be mostly A-OK.