Author Topic: Taxi driver decides to do a u turn  (Read 3466 times)

Offline _andy

• Just got here
Re: Taxi driver decides to do a u turn
« Reply #30 on: 30 September 2021, 09:29 »
Andy, i feel your pain too. If it was clearly the the lorry drivers fault, get your estimate from the VW bodyshop associated with the dealer you bought it from. Dont put it through your own insurance, ask about VW assist and ax claims company, who will do all the work on your behalf. Hope that helps

Thanks for the info, has yours been sorted yet?? I think my situation might be a little different, I'm from Ireland and was 20 miles off the ferry in Wales.. Not a great start to my first trip in years  :grin: My insurance company are willing to go after his, so hopefully it's straight forward, I wasn't even moving when he merged into the car.
Already been to VW for repair quote, was surprised they're recommending fixing the door and spraying the bumper, I would have thought swapping the bumper & panel, quarter panel is to be replaced and sprayed, think I'll sell when it's finished..
MK8 GTI Manual

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 30 September 2021, 09:53 »
Not been fixed yet, at VW bodyshop. Just got hire car courtesy of AX. Might be a couple of weeks before i get mine back. Good luck with yours Andy

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 01 October 2021, 08:17 »
I've got HK and a spare.... I don't think its bundled. Never really questioned it as my car was dealer stock.

I have HK and to my surprise and disappointment, didn't get a spare wheel. Not ideal.

I noticed something interesting last night, my sister messaged as she’s considering changing her T-Roc for a golf 8, I was looking through the brochure to see what each model gets and noticed the space saver option isn’t available for the Clubsport, 45 or R.  Presumably due to the wheel well not being large enough to fit a space saver to go over the larger brakes.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 02 October 2021, 10:44 »
Not been fixed yet, at VW bodyshop. Just got hire car courtesy of AX. Might be a couple of weeks before i get mine back. Good luck with yours Andy

After a quick scan, I originally read that you'd been given a courtesy Citroën AX! :grin:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 02 October 2021, 11:16 »
Dont think that would be acceptable :grin: Got a 69plate Mk7.5 GTI--nice