Author Topic: My New Clubsport Collection (with pictures)  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
My New Clubsport Collection (with pictures)
« on: 04 July 2021, 10:13 »
So I picked up my Clubsport on the 1st of July which was all a bit of a rush (my fault due to work). I arrived at the dealership just as they were closing but I had called ahead to let them know I was going to be late. We did a quick handover which went smoothly and they helped me set up as primary user which was very straight forward and hassle free! (Make sure your email address is all lowercase when typing in to the infotainment screen, I kept thinking I was putting the password in wrong when it wouldn't work but eventually realised that the first letter of my email address was a capital by default so had to manually change that).

I had specifically asked my dealer to leave all the protective coverings on my car as the detailer requested same. They acknowledged this but when I went to pick it up they had all been removed! The paint work (up close) has so many marks and swirls. To say I gave out is an understatement. I'm waiting for confirmation that the dealer is going to cover cost of the paint correction required. There are parts that look like someone used a yard brush to clean it and there is evidence that the rear spoiler was polished (residue and marring).

I had literally drop the car home and then return to work so I didn't have time to play around with it. I barely remember that spin to be honest!

The next morning I drove straight to the detailer for PPF on the front of the car. The rest of the car will be getting ceramic coated at a later stage.

The spin up and back was delightful! It's such a nice car to drive. It's so smooth and I find the suspension very nice and not harsh or crashy at all. I didn't spec DCC and have absolutely no regrets.

It will definitely take a bit of getting used to everything like the buttonless controls and infotainment system in general.

I tried using the journey assist feature but it wasn't slowing down to a comfortable pace for bends nor did it reduce speed when the speed zone dropped. Maybe it's not supposed to but that was my understanding of it. It feels strange though when the steering wheel is moving by itself when taking bends.

The rear view camera looks a bit distorted whether on wide angle or normal. Anyone else notice this? The camera in my mk7.5 GTI was clearer.

Overall the car is amazing and it was worth the 6 month wait, well just about!

I managed to get a few pops and bangs from the exhaust but couldn't replicate it consistently.

I'll take more pictures when I get a chance but here are a couple for now...they are screenshots from WhatsApp so hopefully the quality is ok.

Mk7.5 GTI DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline Dav3smith

• GTI forum regular
Re: My New Clubsport Collection (with pictures)
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2021, 10:23 »
Excellent, looks awesome especially with those wheels.
GTI Clubsport ED45 DBP, DCC, HK, WP, Pano

Gone Golf R 7.5
Gone GTI 7

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2021, 10:58 »
Looking good. The black Estorils look great. Do they have the R logo on the black ones? I’ve been told that the logo can actually be peeled off if you don’t want it.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2021, 11:01 »
Lovely car, looks smart with the black wheels.

The journey assist alone doesn’t slow you down it just deals with steering and keeping a gap to the car in front. There is another setting from memory I think is called ‘speed assist’ which will slow you down but I’ve needed up turning it off as it brakes me in a 30 going past a bus!!!
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2021, 11:27 »
Looking good. The black Estorils look great. Do they have the R logo on the black ones? I’ve been told that the logo can actually be peeled off if you don’t want it.

Yea unfortunately they do have the R logo. Obviously only enthusiasts will know that's a "thing" and I hate mixing GTI and R stuff together. I'll have a proper look and see if it's just a sticker or maybe someone will make a little blanking sticker like a gel one with GTI in it even...I've decided black electrical tape will not work! 😅

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 04 July 2021, 11:28 »
Lovely car, looks smart with the black wheels.

The journey assist alone doesn’t slow you down it just deals with steering and keeping a gap to the car in front. There is another setting from memory I think is called ‘speed assist’ which will slow you down but I’ve needed up turning it off as it brakes me in a 30 going past a bus!!!

Ok I'll look into that. I thought it was supposed to know that say there was a roundabout ahead and it would slow in advance etc... I'll have to give the manual a read.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 04 July 2021, 11:42 »
Your Clubsport looks fantastic  :cool:

Thats confirmed for me Moonstone is the correct colour choice.

What other options did you go for?

It looks like you asked the dealer to not drill on the number plates, were they ok with that? Im hoping to do the same when mine arrives and just stick on the plates before I drive off.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline Maximusbiggus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 04 July 2021, 12:17 »
Your Clubsport looks fantastic  :cool:

Thats confirmed for me Moonstone is the correct colour choice.

What other options did you go for?

It looks like you asked the dealer to not drill on the number plates, were they ok with that? Im hoping to do the same when mine arrives and just stick on the plates before I drive off.

I wasn't 100% sure on Moonstone when I first ordered it but my mate went for Dolphin so I couldn't pick that! Now that I've seen them in the flesh I'm delighted with Moonstone!!

I went for the black Estorils, HK Sounds, rear view cam and heated seats. Having driven this now I'm of the opinion there is absolutely no NEED for DCC unless it's something you had before and really want again!
My mate spec'd the sunroof on his and it's cool, slight regrets that I didn't spec one but it was beyond my budget and less a priority than my other options.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 04 July 2021, 12:22 »
Definitely the best colour and wheel choice.
Congrats!  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 04 July 2021, 15:12 »
This post has made me enquire about changing from adelaides to black estorils :grin:
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.