Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 108366 times)

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #100 on: 24 July 2021, 00:55 »
I’ve just cancelled my clubsport order if anyone wants to take it on. Inchape Telford ask for Lisa hudson.

Spec was 19” black estorils with reversing camera
Oh 😮 why the change of mind if I May ask?
I’ve managed to get a stock Golf R with winter pack and reversing camera with a 2 weeks delivery
That’s great 😃 Even better Car in my own opinion. Great choice
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #101 on: 04 August 2021, 15:21 »
Hit by a double whammy - price rises and build week has slipped from 46 to 51  :sad:

My spec has jumped £800 and with the calculations is only a tiny bit under the 40k luxury tax band now.

To add insult to injury, my dealer is clueless on how ved/ car tax works
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #102 on: 04 August 2021, 16:09 »
Hit by a double whammy - price rises and build week has slipped from 46 to 51  :sad:

My spec has jumped £800 and with the calculations is only a tiny bit under the 40k luxury tax band now.

Surely your price is locked in from when you ordered it?
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #103 on: 04 August 2021, 18:08 »

Surely your price is locked in from when you ordered it?

The car cost/ finance is, but the tax is calculated at the point of registration. Any more rises and it hits the luxury band
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #104 on: 05 August 2021, 14:01 »
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #105 on: 05 August 2021, 16:35 »
Christ on a bike! That car would book at around £32k max I reckon.
Greedy swines. £34k retail fair enough but that’s shocking.

If they’re selling for that sort of money I’ll bin mine off ASAP and drive around in a heap until the world settles down.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #106 on: 05 August 2021, 18:24 »
Christ on a bike! That car would book at around £32k max I reckon.
Greedy swines. £34k retail fair enough but that’s shocking.

If they’re selling for that sort of money I’ll bin mine off ASAP and drive around in a heap until the world settles down.

You can keep your Porsche’s and Ferrari’s, a bog standard Clubsport is the new flippers car of choice!

Imagine what the first Clubsports with a bit of spec on them are going to be worth when they start arriving around Xmas  :grin:

Of course Im being sarcastic  :smiley:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #107 on: 05 August 2021, 21:03 »
The automotive streets are paved with gold right now!
Mad times.

It baffles me that new orders have been having stupid wait times yet there’s not exactly a void of in stock cars from most marques. Several people I know have picked up in stock cars quite easily recently so it begs the question why buyers will suffer huge delays yet accept that there’s a supply of unordered cars coming through whilst they twiddle their thumbs.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #108 on: 05 August 2021, 22:24 »
The automotive streets are paved with gold right now!
Mad times.

It baffles me that new orders have been having stupid wait times yet there’s not exactly a void of in stock cars from most marques. Several people I know have picked up in stock cars quite easily recently so it begs the question why buyers will suffer huge delays yet accept that there’s a supply of unordered cars coming through whilst they twiddle their thumbs.

I think it comes down to spec. The in-stock cars are likely to be standard spec or have just one or two options, and there’ll be certain options that are ‘must haves’ for some would-be buyers, so they’re prepared to suffer the long delays to get a car with those options. 

If I was considering a new GTI or Clubsport, I don’t think there’s anything I’d want over and above the standard spec, other than a set of better alloys, and I wouldn’t be picking any of VW’s factory alloy wheel options, I’d go for a set of good quality, aftermarket alloys.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #109 on: 05 August 2021, 22:32 »

I think it comes down to spec. The in-stock cars are likely to be standard spec or have just one or two options, and there’ll be certain options that are ‘must haves’ for some would-be buyers, so they’re prepared to suffer the long delays to get a car with those options. 

If I was considering a new GTI or Clubsport, I don’t think there’s anything I’d want over and above the standard spec, other than a set of better alloys, and I wouldn’t be picking any of VW’s factory alloy wheel options, I’d go for a set of good quality, aftermarket alloys.

What I meant was why don’t the factory concentrate on fulfilling pre-orders before building unordered “stock” cars? As a customer that would bug me massively if I had one on order.
Granted certain options might slow things down a trifle but not 8 months.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner