Author Topic: Smashed front fog! anyone swapped the unit? Guide?  (Read 819 times)

Offline jez_-_

• Not said much yet
  • Oh hai
One of my front fog lights has been smashed (just the glass) presumably by a stone on the motorway.

Has anyone replaced one on a mk6? Do you have to replace the whole unit or can you change the glass separately?

A guide or some advice on how to change it would be much appreciated!

Thanks Golfers  :smiley:
GT 140TDI 3dr on order, Candy White, RCD510, Bluetooth, Convienience Pack, Vancouvers, 2 Zone Climate Control

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Smashed front fog! anyone swapped the unit? Guide?
« Reply #1 on: 11 July 2011, 22:13 »
If it's the GT TDI as per your sig, I think it tells you how to remove it to change the bulb in the handbook.

You will need to replace the whole unit, but they are not as expensive as you might think. The one I bought for my Passat a couple of years ago was about £40 if I remember right.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 11 July 2011, 22:19 »
Yeah the manual tells you how to do it to replace a bulb as dubber has stated.
Be prepared though to break some of the plastic lugs on the plstic shroud that encloses the fog light.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline jez_-_

• Not said much yet
  • Oh hai
« Reply #3 on: 12 July 2011, 19:31 »
Cheers guys
GT 140TDI 3dr on order, Candy White, RCD510, Bluetooth, Convienience Pack, Vancouvers, 2 Zone Climate Control