Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 787412 times)

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #280 on: 10 January 2014, 15:23 »
Without going too much into the topic, how low is low? Is it "sh*t, get to the next service station" low, or "ah, will top that up when I get up home.." low?
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #281 on: 10 January 2014, 15:32 »
Without going too much into the topic, how low is low? Is it "sh*t, get to the next service station" low, or "ah, will top that up when I get up home.." low?

I couldnt give you specific litres but defintely top up when you get home. My light came on coming down to devon, and i like to be fully empty before filling up as ive cross contaminated before and it caused streaking (this wont happen all the time but stay away from cheaper products) but try as i might i could not empty the bugger, it was still going strong after some severe washing 10miles later when we stopped at a services and I filled up.
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #282 on: 10 January 2014, 16:29 »

I couldnt give you specific litres but defintely top up when you get home. My light came on coming down to devon, and i like to be fully empty before filling up as ive cross contaminated before and it caused streaking (this wont happen all the time but stay away from cheaper products) but try as i might i could not empty the bugger, it was still going strong after some severe washing 10miles later when we stopped at a services and I filled up.

Wildly off topic: You're down in Devon? Keep an eye out for a low flying very filthy white 3 door!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #283 on: 10 January 2014, 16:32 »

Wildly off topic: You're down in Devon? Keep an eye out for a low flying very filthy white 3 door!  :grin:

No mate, just visiting in laws in okehampton

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #284 on: 10 January 2014, 16:36 »
Well yes I meant visiting, wave as you pass Exeter!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Noodile

• Just got here
« Reply #285 on: 10 January 2014, 19:22 »
anyone know how to get the Mirrors to lower on reverse on models that don't already have that feature?

Offline jivemonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #286 on: 10 January 2014, 19:25 »
anyone know how to get the Mirrors to lower on reverse on models that don't already have that feature?

I believe this was covered earlier in the thread and it was concluded that there was an additional hardware requirement for this feature - as such can't just be enabled unfortunately as the mirror units are different.
Golf VII GTD | 5dr DSG | Deep Pearl Black | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | High Beam Assist | "Advanced" Phone Prep

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #287 on: 10 January 2014, 21:24 »

I believe this was covered earlier in the thread and it was concluded that there was an additional hardware requirement for this feature - as such can't just be enabled unfortunately as the mirror units" are different.

Really? There is a vcds guide On briskoda for Octavia mk3 that shows how to enable it, surely it's the same for us?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #288 on: 10 January 2014, 23:43 »
if you don't have the correct door controllers then no matter how much you try the mirror lower won't work.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #289 on: 12 January 2014, 19:41 »