Author Topic: Is this a scam?  (Read 3454 times)

Offline Voodoo-Music

• I live here
Re: Is this a scam?
« Reply #20 on: 20 January 2010, 23:15 »
I would walk away from the comment of you cant see the car, something very off there

The mirrors and wheels being different on pics mean nothing to me, we often change wheel colour, mirrors, bumpers, number plates etc
On this forum alone how many people have changed there wheel colour but still have pics of the old ones.

The seller may only be using pics from different months to sell the car, i agree not very good idea but he may be

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #21 on: 20 January 2010, 23:19 »
Reference the pics, look at the floor, I am wondering if it is the same car.

Offline TJJONESVDUB

• Here all the time
  • Give me lip and il tattoo daihatsu to your head!
« Reply #22 on: 21 January 2010, 00:13 »
the cars at the docks yet its sat outside someones house?

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 21 January 2010, 08:43 »
personally, I'd have some fun with it.  Tell him you have friends local to manchester docks that can view the car.  Whatever he says come up with a quip that gets round his hurdles.  You'll soon find out if he's genuine (not that I think he is).

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 21 January 2010, 08:44 »
also, there looks to be seat covers or something white on all the seats including the rear headrests but nothing on the other pic.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #25 on: 21 January 2010, 09:04 »
It is hard to read but I am sure the reg on the 1st pic is different.

Offline Waffs1984

• I live here
  • Spacers are for chumps...
« Reply #26 on: 21 January 2010, 10:31 »
Smells like one of these "nigerian" scams to me... I highly doubt the original email you got "from Ebay" was actually from ebay, there are some good fake ones out there, including bank and building society clones - never click on a link in an email!

They ask you to pay a deposit into a holding account, what happens is you pay this and then they take the money and keep the car (that never existed in the first place).

It is a scam, avoid at all costs and buy from a normal seller!
Mk4 GTi-T AUM l R-Tech Stage 1 l AP Coilovers l Forge 007p l New Style RS4's 18" l Toyo Proxies 4 l Hofele Bumper Grills l Silver Interior Trim l N249 Bypass l Front & Rear Powerflex bushes l Forge TIP l CAI l GolfGTi.co.uk Stickers l Catch Can Fitted & PCV System Deleted l Redstuff Rear Pads l More to come...

Offline jake

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 21 January 2010, 10:40 »
sounds like a very very dodgy deal

everytime i have sold a car, i always get weird emails through auto trader or ebay ,where by 'docks and shipping ' seem to come into the equation!

I would stay well well clear of this! Sounds very weird! The fact that he wont call you, give you his number, or even let you see the car?  :undecided: :undecided: That is not right at all!

Even it is cheap mate, like maybe 2-4 k, its not worth it! The photos dont even match, different wheels, seat appearance, mirrors?

Offline tonyg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 21 January 2010, 12:59 »
 :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

Offline N13SCB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 21 January 2010, 13:15 »
Thanks for the replies, I had already pulled out of the sale on Tuesday, i was just looking for confirmation.

Some very dodgy people out there  :angry:

Stu.