Author Topic: Another 2l 8v into a mk1  (Read 1449 times)

Offline acma

• Not said much yet
Another 2l 8v into a mk1
« on: 19 February 2012, 21:37 »
Well I know this has been done many times over, however it's the first time for me and I'm fairly new to engine work.

Doing it coz I managed to pick up a 2l, overbored to 2.5l, with oversized valves, a highlift cam, vernier pullies, a pair of twin 40's which should be pushing around 190bhp at the crank

I'm just looking for as much informaiton to help the transplant as possible and would appreciate any PM from somebody who has been there done it and got the T-shirt so to speak.

I have the facilities to get anything I need fabricated etc, so not too concerned about the chassis side, however the engine is a bare block and head bolted together, so I need to get my paws on all the necessary anciliaries (Spelling).

Anybody provide any guidance/links ?

Cheers guys
Mark

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Another 2l 8v into a mk1
« Reply #1 on: 19 February 2012, 22:02 »
What was the engine out of?

Offline acma

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2012, 20:53 »
From what I understand from block numbers (2e) the block is out of a mk3 and head is an 8v assuming also from a mk3, thought would like to be educated on ho to find out?

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 24 February 2012, 23:38 »
Doing it coz I managed to pick up a 2l, overbored to 2.5l, with oversized valves, a highlift cam, vernier pullies, a pair of twin 40's which should be pushing around 190bhp at the crank

Not a chance unless the crank has been changed even then 2.1 is about the limit, as for 190bhp  :rolleyes: