Author Topic: Got some mk1 Cabrio questions....  (Read 6474 times)

Offline 993turbo

• Here all the time
  • Too many cars, too little time......
Got some mk1 Cabrio questions....
« on: 29 June 2009, 22:33 »
Hi there,

Since my GF's G60 is a tad sick I bought her a 92' Mk1 Cabrio Sportsline, with Recaros, BBS's etc......

I have a few questions (which probably has been covered many times):

-The drivers door window rattles (at the back it seems)... Is there any clips or anything holding the glass in place at the rear?

-The passenger side door mirror has a crack.... Can I replace just the glass??

Any good parts sources (apart from FleaBay) for these cars??

Cheers!
93 Golf VR6 (burgundry) - 93 Golf VR6 (silver) - Ferrari 360 Modena - Porsche 928S2 Strosek - Porsche 928GT

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: Got some mk1 Cabrio questions....
« Reply #1 on: 29 June 2009, 22:52 »
Hi mate, I think you can just change the glass in the mirror, never had to though.   Good news is that mirrors aren't too hard to find at a scrappy or i found you this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Passenger-Side-Mirror-Glass-VW-Golf-Mk1-74-83_W0QQitemZ310151700390QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20090628?IMSfp=TL090628149001r18134.

My windows were a bit loose on my cab when not fully up.  I found it to be the runners.  you may have to take the back cards out and have look, could just need tightening up back there.  if its not that, the glass is held by metal with foam inbetween that and the glass from i can remember.  the foam may have perrished.

For new parts, i find german sweedish and french www.gsfcarparts.comare great for most things including panels, electrics etc.  cheaper than most other places if there is one near you.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 29 June 2009, 23:14 »
i am finding GSF are very useful and helpful at the moment for my cabby, ebay otherwise

you could always try crazy quiffs http://www.golfmk1.co.uk/

check the filler pipe & fuel pump relay (in my case it had been replaced with a different one!)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #3 on: 30 June 2009, 00:10 »
check the filler pipe & fuel pump relay (in my case it had been replaced with a different one!)

lol who's that bit to?

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 30 June 2009, 00:11 »

lol who's that bit to?

was more kind of from me to self with love!  :laugh:

although I haven't had any issues with my filler pipe as yet... its rusted to fcuk and I have the new one ready and waiting!

Offline Kevscab

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 30 June 2009, 18:20 »
I think that he is just stating that the filler neck is a common fault that can in time cause all sorts of grief so best check it sooner than later, also ignore all the plugs for the stainless neck (pretty expensive considering the standard usually lasts over 18yr), imagine how long the regular one would last if painted and the inner arch kept clear of crud :wink:
http://www.golfcabrio.co.uk/forum >>>New Golf Cabrio Forum Needs You<<<

Offline 993turbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 30 June 2009, 22:24 »
Cheers for the input.

What about the engine and gear box mounts.....? Anything special for this car, or normal MK1 mounts??
93 Golf VR6 (burgundry) - 93 Golf VR6 (silver) - Ferrari 360 Modena - Porsche 928S2 Strosek - Porsche 928GT

Offline 993turbo

• Here all the time

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #8 on: 01 July 2009, 00:06 »
I think the DX code is usually for the 8v K-jetronic injection engines not digifant... i could be wrong. :undecided:

Offline 993turbo

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 01 July 2009, 07:29 »
Hmmmm, ok....

Does anyone know for sure what the 1,8 92mod Digifant enginecode is?