Author Topic: GTi TCR Good Investment?  (Read 5299 times)

Offline Jace

• Not said much yet
Re: GTi TCR Good Investment?
« Reply #10 on: 11 May 2022, 13:33 »
He isnt looking to make money, just wants to be secure in not losing a shed load over a few years :laugh:

Its not the best time to buy a used car with the idea of it holding value, it's slowly going back to a downward slope.

If he'd bought it maybe 18mths ago he'd have made an investment that would have held value for a few years but as the supply chain picks up & all the inflated price used cars bought by WBAC/Motorway during the lock downs are depleted the price being offered are getting less .

& then there's those who bought at the peak holding back to try & recoup some of their potential equity.

2018 Golf R 7.5 Estate > Full Revo stg2 set up

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2022, 13:50 »
You say that but there is still a starvation of the market, new cars are not coming through, so the second hand market is still high, I remember everyone saying as Covid hit the market would full of out of its arse, look what happened.....

MK7 GTi

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 11 May 2022, 18:59 »
You say that but there is still a starvation of the market, new cars are not coming through, so the second hand market is still high, I remember everyone saying as Covid hit the market would full of out of its arse, look what happened.....
It’s a bad time to buy any used car, doesn’t really matter what it is. Prices are 10-20% inflated, there will be a huge correct shortly. But that being said I wouldn’t let it deter him from buying it if that’s what he wants.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 11 May 2022, 20:05 »
It’s a bad time to buy any used car, doesn’t really matter what it is. Prices are 10-20% inflated, there will be a huge correct shortly. But that being said I wouldn’t let it deter him from buying it if that’s what he wants.

I agree with that, with all the rises in living costs I think cars will crash soon, which is why im not buying yet

MK7 GTi

Offline Markee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 11 May 2022, 23:09 »
When i bought mine i was fortunate enough to have a choice of two to pick from so i could do a side by side comparison between a red and black one. What swung it for me was:

1. If i'm buying a 'special edition' car i want it to stand out as a special edition, the decals and extra trim on the black one blended in too well with the paintwork. Obviously it's subjective but on the red/white/grey everything is more noticeable, the black one does have a stealthier look about it but that wasn't what i was after. Like i said it's just a personal taste thing.

2. There was a price difference of £2.5k between them, with the black being higher. They were the same spec and year but the black one had done 9k miles and the red 15k, £2.5k seemed a lot for a difference of 6k miles! 
A chequered previous car history (mainly blue oval, sorry) prior to owning Golf's.
2001 mk4 TDI - died at some traffic lights due to someone not stopping!
2000 mk4 GTD - a dog of a car, sold to WBAC in limp mode!
2000 mk4 1.8T - most fun i've had in a Golf (until now) but nearly cost me my licence!
2020 mk7.5 Tornado Red TCR - current ride.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 12 May 2022, 09:19 »
This is the one he's going for, got it for £33k, its got such a huge rare spec ive never seen before

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205045319269?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars

MK7 GTi

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 12 May 2022, 09:24 »
This is the one he's going for, got it for £33k, its got such a huge rare spec ive never seen before

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202205045319269?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars

That looks great and a very clean example, but it doesn’t have the Akra exhaust, which coming from the good investment prospective you’d want it. If I was in the market for a top spec TCR and parting with that amount of money I wouldn’t buy one without the akra exhaust.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 12 May 2022, 09:28 »
That doesnt bother him because it pops and crackles without the Akra, and it could always be added later...

MK7 GTi

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 12 May 2022, 09:43 »
I wouldn't worry about the Akra exhaust you can always put on an exhaust if you really want it, you can't add a sunroof.

Does your brother have a car to sell to buy the TCR? If yes then it really doesn't matter about car prices, the TCR may be inflated but so will his which will roughly cancel it out.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 12 May 2022, 09:50 »
Yep exhaust can be added, the sunroof and other extras cant, he's buying cash

MK7 GTi