Author Topic: VW All-In Service plan - special offer.  (Read 13787 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: VW All-In Service plan - special offer.
« Reply #10 on: 23 March 2022, 17:51 »
Vertu Hereford
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #11 on: 23 March 2022, 21:10 »
I still have one service left on a plan. The dealer told me that I could keep the unused service in the bag and claim it once the All-In Plan had been fulfilled.

I’m sure some dealers don’t have a clue when it comes to the service plans. If you’ve currently got a service plan on the car then that doesn’t expire until the last service has been used. So annoying as I took out a service plan that doesn’t expire until March 2023 when my R will be nearly 6 years old. Really hoping they still do this all in plan and I’ll be able to sneak in before the 6 year deadline.

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 24 March 2022, 12:19 »
Someone said this deal is running out on 2nd of May and my warranty is expiring on the 1st.
 I have everything booked in end of April to get the car serviced and checked for that plan but as we know I won't be able to buy it untill 2nd when expired.
But then 2nd is the bank holiday so I will miss again.
I wonder do you buy it trough service department or sales because sales are always open open on bank holidays.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 24 March 2022, 20:42 »
I still have one service left on a plan. The dealer told me that I could keep the unused service in the bag and claim it once the All-In Plan had been fulfilled.

I’m sure some dealers don’t have a clue when it comes to the service plans. If you’ve currently got a service plan on the car then that doesn’t expire until the last service has been used. So annoying as I took out a service plan that doesn’t expire until March 2023 when my R will be nearly 6 years old. Really hoping they still do this all in plan and I’ll be able to sneak in before the 6 year deadline.

I had a 2 year service plan on my car which I had been paying for 11 months.  I rang VW finance and explained I wanted to take out the All-in.  They let me cancel the plan I had and they gave me a full refund of the 11 payments I had made - I hadn't used either of the services at that point.  I then paid for the service and MOT that was due 2 weeks later from the refunded money, then I took out the All-in plan for 2 further years.

They said that if I'd had a service, they would have checked the number of payments I had made to see if it covered the service and, if not, I would have had to pay them enough to cover the service before they cancelled it.

I know the 2 year service plan paperwork says no refunds, but they did for me when I explained I wanted to take the All-in, so worth a try.

Offline 245PS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 25 March 2022, 09:13 »

I had a 2 year service plan on my car which I had been paying for 11 months.  I rang VW finance and explained I wanted to take out the All-in.  They let me cancel the plan I had and they gave me a full refund of the 11 payments I had made - I hadn't used either of the services at that point.  I then paid for the service and MOT that was due 2 weeks later from the refunded money, then I took out the All-in plan for 2 further years.

They said that if I'd had a service, they would have checked the number of payments I had made to see if it covered the service and, if not, I would have had to pay them enough to cover the service before they cancelled it.

I know the 2 year service plan paperwork says no refunds, but they did for me when I explained I wanted to take the All-in, so worth a try.

Wow, that sounds so fair I almost don't believe you!! lol

Thanks for the info. Will discuss again at the dealership during my free eligibility check and see what can be done. I will suggest he's wrong based on what I've heard about other dealers. I have two other local dealers I can try if he doesn't play ball.

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 25 March 2022, 10:00 »
Hi Turbo Trev,
I have one too and called VW Finance who also readily agreed to refund me (I paid it all in one lump). I called Monday, but no refund or email cancellation etc yet.
Just out of curiosity, how long did they take for you?
Thanks,
Jason.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 25 March 2022, 11:41 »
CS#303 - I got a letter through the post after about 3/4 days, then the refund followed a couple of days after that.  So maybe a week in all.

EDIT.  actually thinking about it, maybe the refund happened first (no more than a week), then the letter arrived.
« Last Edit: 25 March 2022, 11:45 by TurboTrev »

Offline nunchuck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 25 March 2022, 20:03 »
Just done deal today. Very good too 25% off it’s a no brainer really.

With parts getting very expensive

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #18 on: 26 March 2022, 09:48 »
Hi Turbo Trev,
Thanks for the reply.. I'll give them a few more days.
Cheers!
Jason.

CS#303 - I got a letter through the post after about 3/4 days, then the refund followed a couple of days after that.  So maybe a week in all.

EDIT.  actually thinking about it, maybe the refund happened first (no more than a week), then the letter arrived.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 30 March 2022, 11:34 »
Mine flew through the health check today, although the wait did feel like leaving an animal at the vets!

I signed up for the 2 year stint, I assumed I would keep the car for another 2 years, but the small print suggests you can transfer the package to a new owner if you have paid any outstanding balance of the agreement.