Author Topic: Is this the latest software  (Read 6384 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Is this the latest software
« Reply #40 on: 14 May 2024, 14:11 »
I'm still on 1899 and haven't seen an OTA update of any kind for a long time.

How can I check if my privacy settings still allow OTA updates?   I haven't changed anything (but, as we all know with VW software, that doesn't mean that no changes have taken place!)

The very quick way is to look at the online icons at the top right of the screen.
So long as you don’t have the little head wearing the ‘in disguise’ hat you should have sufficiently relaxed settings to allow VW to locate and send new software to the vehicle.

@SRGTD - typical VW!  :angry:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Is this the latest software
« Reply #41 on: 14 May 2024, 15:46 »
Surely the replaced wheel has its own warranty?

Under VW’s new car factory warranty, items replaced during the warranty period are only warrantable up to the expiry date of the warranty. From the warranty T&C’s on VW’s website;

’Any part which is replaced becomes the property of Volkswagen. Any replaced parts are covered for the unexpired period of the vehicle warranty.’

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners-and-services/my-car/important-information/warranties-and-insurance/new-car-terms.html

I'd ask citizens advice if that is actually UK legal tbh.... I don't think it is.

Consumer Rights Act 2015 I believe will effectively state that the repair was not completed....no matter what VW might say.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC