Author Topic: Caliper Colours  (Read 12297 times)

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
Re: Caliper Colours
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2015, 19:38 »
Cleaned up a bit. :afro:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2015, 19:58 »
....aaaand OEM for a S&S GTD  :cool:

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 09 April 2015, 20:03 »
182_blue wont be too happy but I'm going to be painting my GTD calipers red as soon as the paint arrives and I get a chance ;)

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 09 April 2015, 20:07 »
182_blue wont be too happy but I'm going to be painting my GTD calipers red as soon as the paint arrives and I get a chance ;)

What paint you get Kyle?
Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 09 April 2015, 20:10 »

What paint you get Kyle?

I've ordered a calliper kit from Amazon. E-Tech is the brand. Comes with a brush, some cleaner and the paint for £15. Will see how it goes.

Offline phazer

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 09 April 2015, 20:11 »

lol, don't see the issue personally whether it's an option/standard or otherwise on certain models/options.

It's not like you're going to stick R badges and "Brembo" stickers everywhere is it?.......is it?  :grin:

Offline 182_blue

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 09 April 2015, 20:22 »
The thread has already been tidied, lets not ruin it again.

Cleaned up a bit. :afro:

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
« Reply #17 on: 09 April 2015, 21:06 »
Whatever colour you go for I'd suggest painting the hubs with hammerite or similar. Mine started rusting after a couple of months.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Jackie Treehorn

« Reply #18 on: 09 April 2015, 21:33 »
I have the red calipers on our PP, but not really a fan. But I think any colour is better than the weathered look. I have painted bare calipers myself over the years, but only in gloss black to tidy them up.

If it was a factory option I would choose a more subtle AMG dark silver colour with the GTI in black. Think that might be a mod to do at some point...

Offline charv94

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 09 April 2015, 21:38 »

What paint you get Kyle?

I've ordered a calliper kit from Amazon. E-Tech is the brand. Comes with a brush, some cleaner and the paint for £15. Will see how it goes.

Did my old corsa with that paint. Black the first time then I chose to reprint in yellow. Good stuff just make sure the brakes are clean before you do it. I did about 4 coats the second time because it took some doing to get the colour to really show strongly over the previous Black coat. If you've got a wire brush that's really useful to get the dust and any rust off first. Good luck. Takes a while to dry bare in mind. I did wheel at a time using the spare wheel so I could start painting the next after the first had been drying for about an hour. Found it to be the most productive method as I had no way of getting the car all jacked up
Mk7 GTI - CSG - Now Gone

M135i 5dr Auto - Mineral Grey