Author Topic: Caliper Colours  (Read 12175 times)

Offline KyleB

• I live here
Re: Caliper Colours
« Reply #20 on: 09 April 2015, 23:16 »
182_blue wont be too happy but I'm going to be painting my GTD calipers red as soon as the paint arrives and I get a chance ;)

What paint you get Kyle?

I've ordered a calliper kit from Amazon. E-Tech is the brand. Comes with a brush, some cleaner and the paint for £15. Will see how it goes.

Did my old corsa with that paint. Black the first time then I chose to reprint in yellow. Good stuff just make sure the brakes are clean before you do it. I did about 4 coats the second time because it took some doing to get the colour to really show strongly over the previous Black coat. If you've got a wire brush that's really useful to get the dust and any rust off first. Good luck. Takes a while to dry bare in mind. I did wheel at a time using the spare wheel so I could start painting the next after the first had been drying for about an hour. Found it to be the most productive method as I had no way of getting the car all jacked up

Cheers for the advice. Good to hear the kit is decent. I've got some axle stands so should be able to do two wheels at a time which will cut down on the duration.

I'll post in here the finished result. Never done it before so not expecting professional quality.

Offline charv94

• GTI forum regular
Re: Caliper Colours
« Reply #21 on: 09 April 2015, 23:36 »
The more layers you add the smoother it got is what I found. Mine looked really good for its duration of about 2 years? So I'd be confident you'll be happy with them
Mk7 GTI - CSG - Now Gone

M135i 5dr Auto - Mineral Grey