Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2810068 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #2620 on: 28 July 2015, 14:43 »
That looks and sounds so good Gnasher.
:afro:
Simple but very effective mods.

Are you going 18 or 19 on the SR's? Grey or polished face?

Thanks very much.

Going for 19s in the 'himalayas grey'.  Should arrive this week and then to source some tyres!
I am really looking forward to the photos.
The SR's were top of my shopping list when I took the CK's off my GTI a couple years ago (give or take a few months) but ended up with the Rondells as I couldn't source 19" SR's at the time. The Rondells were very OEM looking so won't the 'best of the rest' for me.
If doing it all again it would be SR's all the way but I'm a bit unsure of whether I'd take a gamble and get the polished face ones or go for the far more sensible grey. Knowing me I'd go for the tarty versions and regret it 12 months later when the finish started to look crap.  :rolleyes:
Tyreleader do the SR's for pretty decent money.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #2621 on: 28 July 2015, 15:28 »
That looks and sounds so good Gnasher.
:afro:
Simple but very effective mods.

Are you going 18 or 19 on the SR's? Grey or polished face?

Thanks very much.

Going for 19s in the 'himalayas grey'.  Should arrive this week and then to source some tyres!
I am really looking forward to the photos.
The SR's were top of my shopping list when I took the CK's off my GTI a couple years ago (give or take a few months) but ended up with the Rondells as I couldn't source 19" SR's at the time. The Rondells were very OEM looking so won't the 'best of the rest' for me.
If doing it all again it would be SR's all the way but I'm a bit unsure of whether I'd take a gamble and get the polished face ones or go for the far more sensible grey. Knowing me I'd go for the tarty versions and regret it 12 months later when the finish started to look crap.  :rolleyes:
Tyreleader do the SR's for pretty decent money.

Well 2 of them have arrived today - they look darker than I thought they would be, but I actually like that more! The parcel force guy said not to worry about the other 2 as multiple parcels regularly get split up coming from overseas.

I went for the grey ones as I'm not keen on diamond cut alloys from either an aesthetic or longevity of finish point of view - and yes, they are hard to source - I got mine from an ebay seller from Germany (saved around £150 into the bargain too)!

Can't wait for 2 things now...

1. The other 2 to arrive
2. Sorting some tyres out for them!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #2622 on: 28 July 2015, 15:29 »
Great choice on the springs......ive had no reason to complain about them.....every now and again with the 19s fitted when going over a hump/lump in the road at speed I sometimes get a little "churp" as what I assume is the tyre just catching the wheel arch liner. No damage to the actual arch...but you can just see a slight scuff on the liner.

Ken

Ken - can't see the photo as I'm in work. What 19's are you running (width and ET) and with what size tyres?

Don't know if my 19x8.4 ET46 will now be okay. Not had a rub with my standard 18s yet.

Ken,

I remember the photos now I'm at home and have seen them.

I spotted some more of these in 19" on ebay the other day. I really like my BBS rims but would have happily had the seat rims too!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Diehammer

• Here all the time
« Reply #2623 on: 29 July 2015, 13:01 »
Finally got my private plate on the car after 8 & a half weeks.
Golf GTD MK7 5 door Manual, Carbon Grey, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera.

Ordered 26/02/15  Build Week Confirmed 24/04/15 (BW21) Stage 5a 19/05/15 Stage 5b 21/05/15 Stage 5c 29/05/15 Stage 6 02/06/15 Stage 7 04/06/15 Pick Up 06/06/15

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2624 on: 29 July 2015, 13:16 »
I've just won a Golf R for the week from GTI World. In addition, my own car gets a full valet and a full tank of petrol. First time ive won anything  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #2625 on: 29 July 2015, 14:05 »
I've just won a Golf R for the week from GTI World. In addition, my own car gets a full valet and a full tank of petrol. First time ive won anything  :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That will prove fatal !!  :whistle:
 May I be the first to welcome you to the R converts club !!  :lipsrsealed:
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline Blades72

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2626 on: 29 July 2015, 15:14 »

Spent the day at RAF Waddington and was lucky enough to get a pic of my car in front of the Vulcan XM607 bomber.
Gone :Mk7 GTI with Performance Pack, Pure White, Dynaudio & Extended Warranty.
Arrived: Mk7.5 PP DSG Tungsten Silver

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #2627 on: 29 July 2015, 15:17 »

Spent the day at RAF Waddington and was lucky enough to get a pic of my car in front of the Vulcan XM607 bomber.

Awesome pic!!!

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2628 on: 29 July 2015, 17:49 »
Great shot Blades! :afro:  :cool:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2629 on: 29 July 2015, 18:02 »

That is a truly great shot  :cool: :cool: :cool:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11