Author Topic: Track time @ Brands Hatch @ Prept.  (Read 15945 times)

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
Re: Track time @ Brands Hatch @ Prept.
« Reply #70 on: 26 August 2009, 09:21 »
That sure is tempting!

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #71 on: 26 August 2009, 23:25 »
i have mixed feelings on tonight

was very dissapointed in the fact that a full evening session meant 3x20minute sessions for £99 when you could book individual sessions for £25 each. work that out.....

the standard of driving was pretty appauling tbh, noone looked in their mirrors or used their indicators or got out of the way when i was passing slower cars, and when they did get out of the way i found them next to me in the corner because they hadnt backed off!

there was also a lack of golfs on this trackday organised as a vw event, i think i counted 6 or 7 vw's. the rest were in the carpark outside the circuit wanking over their multi coloured wheels. very dissapointing

on the plus side the car feels very good with its stiffer chassis. very pleased with it! the weather stayed good despite forecasts of rain and i got to use the r888's all evening

then to top it off my exhaust cracked in the middle and fell off on the way home, and had to limp it home for 20 miles, unsilenced. my ears are still ringing lol

was good to meet a few guys off here though, hope you enjoyed your passenger ride tjg  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 26 August 2009, 23:28 by veedubgti16v »

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #72 on: 26 August 2009, 23:33 »
I thought it sounded a bit fruitier on the last session you did. What a bummer!

Pics are in the photography section.

Nick

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #73 on: 26 August 2009, 23:36 »
just had a goosey at them, they look good mate!

how did your ones in the traffic turn out? lol

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #74 on: 26 August 2009, 23:37 »
Ha ha they're rubbish!

You going to be Ok for a zorst for tuesday?

nick

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #75 on: 26 August 2009, 23:44 »
it just needs a straight bit of pipe with one end flared so ill see who sells it tomorrow. wont take long to fit so i should be good for silverstone

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
« Reply #76 on: 26 August 2009, 23:47 »
it just needs a straight bit of pipe with one end flared so ill see who sells it tomorrow. wont take long to fit so i should be good for silverstone

Yay!

Nick

Offline madmanluke

• I live here
« Reply #77 on: 27 August 2009, 00:05 »
Was an OK meet overall. It was nice to at least see some cars out on track any way.
Think I saw alanD whilst I was there, but not sure. Also saw a nice green mk2 with some white wheels (think ats cups?) that i know is a member on here also.

Shame on the way back, the back end stepped out on my car. I now have an egg shaped front left wheel after ploughing into a curb! Big bummer :(  Could have been a whole lot worse...

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #78 on: 27 August 2009, 09:02 »
i have mixed feelings on tonight

was very dissapointed in the fact that a full evening session meant 3x20minute sessions for £99 when you could book individual sessions for £25 each. work that out.....

the standard of driving was pretty appauling tbh, noone looked in their mirrors or used their indicators or got out of the way when i was passing slower cars, and when they did get out of the way i found them next to me in the corner because they hadnt backed off!

there was also a lack of golfs on this trackday organised as a vw event, i think i counted 6 or 7 vw's. the rest were in the carpark outside the circuit wanking over their multi coloured wheels. very dissapointing

on the plus side the car feels very good with its stiffer chassis. very pleased with it! the weather stayed good despite forecasts of rain and i got to use the r888's all evening

then to top it off my exhaust cracked in the middle and fell off on the way home, and had to limp it home for 20 miles, unsilenced. my ears are still ringing lol

was good to meet a few guys off here though, hope you enjoyed your passenger ride tjg  :laugh:

I would send an email about what you've pisted in the first two paragraphs mate.

Was good meeting up with you and I did enjoy the passenger laps very much so! thanks again Mark!

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #79 on: 27 August 2009, 10:39 »
yeah i think i will

btw my ears are still ringing lol