Author Topic: Y reg campaign GTI? how much?  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Marktwo8v

• Not said much yet
Y reg campaign GTI? how much?
« on: 07 June 2007, 19:18 »
Hi folks,I wasn't sure where to post this but i reckon you are the guys to ask!

There is a white '83 campaign gti sitting at the side of the road on my way to work,hasn't moved in a couple of months(a flat tyre,covered in leaves and stuff),and a few weeks back i left a note under the wiper saying if the car was for sale could the owner call me.

Well today the owner did just that,and it turns out he's had the Golf since '84,it's done 105k,with a full service history,it was MOT'd in february and had a years tax at the same time.

The car itself looks tired,with flat paint and faded mouldings etc.,But as far as i can see it looks solid enough.So my question to you mk1 fanatics is,how much do you think it is worth?

I'm going for a closer look tomorrow hopefully,so any advice on what to look out for would also be gratefully received. thanks

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: Y reg campaign GTI? how much?
« Reply #1 on: 08 June 2007, 19:58 »
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/

price guide
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=33

It maybe a GTI but i will be amazed if its a genuine campaign since its on a Y plate.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline foxy mk1

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 08 June 2007, 20:35 »
if you dont buy it let me have the phone number plaese thnx foxy

Offline Marktwo8v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 09 June 2007, 13:53 »
You may be right about not being a campaign model,it has the stripes at the bottom of doors,but has white wheels like the green mk1 in foxy's link.Did campaign models not all have pirelli p slots,or whatever they are called?

Going by your price guide snowman,it would be worth around £900,but maybe £2000 if it was sorted out?

Still trying to arrange a closer viewing,but i have a feeling the guy values it a bit more than i'll be willing to pay,i was thinking more like £500-£600 at the most.

So I'll let u know foxy.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #4 on: 09 June 2007, 14:18 »
http://www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=7

The above link is a reasonable good guide to working out if its a campaign or not but remember alot of so called campaigns were personal imports of the pirelli ltd edition for europe as like today the exchange rate was in our favour and it was much cheaper to import than buy one from a UK dealer. So its nice if it has the original bill of sale and/or service book with the suppling dealer stamp and/or the sticker in the boot so you can work out if its a genuine campaign or not, as well as all the addons that are shown in that link.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.