Author Topic: DTUK motorway mpg  (Read 5325 times)

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
Re: DTUK motorway mpg
« Reply #10 on: 20 January 2015, 23:20 »
Ugh, you won't believe the agro I had declaring the Sport and Sound pack with Admiral. They're the only company I know that get so retentive over factory fit items and the need to declare so meticulously.

I spoke with a few people and all of them repeatedly failed to grasp the factory fit aspect of the exhaust - they kept insisting it was after market!

Got there in the end but crikey it was tough. I feel your pain  :sad:
Argh, so annoying! I had the exact same conversation. If by some miracle they do offer me a good renewal I will no doubt have fun again. I don't even remember what happened with the Sport & Sound, I think I just told them the calipers were painted as I was losing the will to live and he moved back on to the DCC "So, you have modified the suspension sir?"

It was indeed! I think that's basically an admin fee, although I was half way through the year so I suppose it might have been closer to 30 quid from the start of the year. Thinking of getting one too mate? (I totally missed that if you already did!)

Yeah I've got one. I got the new Trevor before they even had time to put the stickers on and then MonkeyHanger got the new one also so we could compare  :smiley:

I've only been using it on my private land  :whistle: but now my insurance is due next week I'd like to use it on the public highway so wasn't looking forward going round all the insurance companies so that is helped cheers.

Maybe Andrew has a list of reasonable insurance companies for this mod?

Ah awesome, I missed/forgot about that. Going well for you? (On your private bit of land!) Any comments with the S&S and Trevor, I presume it sounds the same?

Yeah, any info from Andrew would be handy, but admiral should work well for you - if you have another car to add now or later in the year you can get 10% discount on both cars or something like that, with the multicar.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 21 January 2015, 16:30 »
Yeah the Trevor is going well.
The S&S package sounds the same I think. Although my boy who hasn't long started to drive was commenting on it the other day on how the growl sounds deeper now!!

I'll give Admiral a try. We have 5 cars in the household. 3 kids me and the Mrs and I've just got us all with Direct Line as nobody could beat them on the multi car.
£180 for my GTD, £600 for my 18yr old boy on his own insurance. So it would be a wrench moving them away as I don't think Admiral were that great for younger drivers but you never know.

Cheers
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 21 January 2015, 18:54 »
Why are people declaring things that are factory fit? Insurance companies ask what the market value is so when you tell them you shouldn't need to declare any factory fit items. I haven't told my company I have nav pro, winter pack, DCC, camera etc.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 21 January 2015, 23:45 »
Sounds good p3asa. I have wondered if the cold weather has helped the exhaust too, sounds particularly savage on occasion!

I'll have to try direct line too, let us know how you get on with quotes too mate.

Hi mcmaddy, its just admiral. They ask you for any non-standard options. It doesn't matter that they are factory options, they still ask you about them all and then spend an hour trying to figure what the f*** they are! It was the first time I've ever had this, so maybe it's a new policy at admiral - or hopefully a blip in their training! I'll be finding out in about a month...

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 22 January 2015, 07:46 »
If it's just admiral then the best thing is to avoid them. They sound like a set of clowns!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 22 January 2015, 16:19 »
Sounds good p3asa. I have wondered if the cold weather has helped the exhaust too, sounds particularly savage on occasion!

I'll have to try direct line too, let us know how you get on with quotes too mate.

Hi mcmaddy, its just admiral. They ask you for any non-standard options. It doesn't matter that they are factory options, they still ask you about them all and then spend an hour trying to figure what the f*** they are! It was the first time I've ever had this, so maybe it's a new policy at admiral - or hopefully a blip in their training! I'll be finding out in about a month...

I had a discussion with an insurance broker on another forum and he was adamant that any extras had to be declared when insuring your vehicle. Not only on new vehicles but second hand ones.
How crazy is that? Some dealers don't even know what should come standard in a car due to mid year tweaks never mind your average punter.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 22 January 2015, 19:21 »
It's just another thing for insurance companies to fleece you for. How are you supposed to know when buying a 2nd hand car what was standard or an option. Ridiculous situation!

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 22 January 2015, 19:34 »
Yeah that was what I was trying to say above, as cars change their spec usually once a year, then you have the run out models that usually get a bit more on them.

I doubt even a dealer would know what was standard on your 2nd hand car at the time so how would the punter know.