Author Topic: Base model courtesy car has in dash maps!  (Read 1459 times)

Offline buttons

• Not said much yet
Re: Base model courtesy car has in dash maps!
« Reply #10 on: 16 December 2021, 10:12 »
another reason i got shot of mine...... i too had a loan car that had it - my GTi didnt, the standard sh!t did.
i asked the dealer and they said they would have to speak to VW as never seen it before - in fact, that was their default reply to most things.
The heated seat on passenger side stopped working - we'll have to speak to VW about that as never seen it before
Display often went blank or displayed "not available" - we'll have to speak to VW about that as never seen it before
The reverse camera didn't always open - we'll have to speak to VW about that as never seen it before

they then sent a customer satisfaction survey..... oh how i enjoyed filling that out - but they didn't reply which kinda sums it up really!

MK8 GTi: Adelaide 19", DCC, Winter Pack, Rear Camera and sh!t loads of software issues! ;-)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Base model courtesy car has in dash maps!
« Reply #11 on: 16 December 2021, 13:07 »
Yeah I've no idea wtf went on with the release of the Mk8.... I kinda get the impression VW kept/keeps their dealers in the dark about most things for whatever reason...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC