Author Topic: Satin black Polo its all gravy baby  (Read 32963 times)

dubcheryl

Re: Polo of doom lives again!
« Reply #30 on: 10 May 2010, 20:23 »
Cheers, Oh yeah! I noticed you at the very last minute, it must have looked like I was licking my ear!

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #31 on: 10 May 2010, 20:30 »
I think you may need some notching to go any lower. My mate has a slammed 6N on 14" Pslots and he had really problems with the driveshhaft banging on the wishbone and chassis leg.

Anyhoo, looks epic :cool:

nick

dubcheryl

« Reply #32 on: 11 May 2010, 08:24 »
Cheers nick, there isnt a lot of scope to go much lower with coilovers ive got, about half an inch on the front and back is as low as it will go, and i have some 13 inch wheels now, will have to see how that all fits together.

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #33 on: 11 May 2010, 19:52 »
polo gearboxes....dont talk to me! u need a sledge hammer to get it to select gears on mine at the mo! i presume u got a re-con'd one, fair price?

dubcheryl

« Reply #34 on: 11 May 2010, 23:59 »
No, unfortunately not, I know just what you mean, first is a fooking pig to get. I paid a fair price for the box, if it doesn't last long (I'm not hoping for too much tbh) then it really will be engine change time :evil:

dubcheryl

« Reply #35 on: 15 May 2010, 08:13 »
I have sprung rather a large oil leak, from the sumpal area.... oops

So, todays plans are to sort that out, prep car for paint, paint car, roll arches and get wheels on. I can feel another all nighter coming!  :smiley:

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #36 on: 15 May 2010, 14:43 »

So, todays plans are to sort that out, prep car for paint, paint car, roll arches and get wheels on. I can feel another all nighter coming!  :smiley:

thats one hell of a day's work

dubcheryl

« Reply #37 on: 17 May 2010, 20:01 »

thats one hell of a day's work

Indeed it was, started 10pm on Saturday and kept going until 9pm Sunday. We managed to get the whole car prepped, new doors in place, and most of it had one coat.

Unfortunately a problem with the paint prevented us getting it all done, we had some paint that we were going to use in the compressor, turned out Hex had supplied gloss black not satin black :angry: It was just a stroke of luck we had a load of satin black rattle cans. So, tonight a second coat is going on most of the panels, but the ones we did with two yesterday looked :cool:

We managed to get the wheels painted, which are in memory of the golf (white black and red!), oh and managed to also make the leaking sump worse because it was rotting!

That was a epic 24hours, but not all done as we had hoped, I had a 3 mile each way walk to work today because of it. I'm just hoping it will be worth it!

Fingers crossed pics to follow...

Offline adzgti3

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 17 May 2010, 21:26 »
Look forward to the pics!!  :cool:

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #39 on: 18 May 2010, 00:01 »
24 hours. that;s dedication