Author Topic: Top speed of 16v  (Read 7105 times)

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Top speed of 16v
« Reply #60 on: 11 November 2011, 08:14 »
As ricky gervais said, that encourages gambling. If a kid is on an M or A road whilst you're doing 135 its the parents fault for no green cross code and letting them be there. My loud airbox on the kjet abf is my warning to children and animals etc, in 4 years I've only had the pleasure of smashing my windscreen into a pigeon at 70mph ish. Everything else gets the f**k out the way. Remember speed doesn't kill, its driver error. If pricks didn't pull out in front of speeding cars, by not judging speed or using their mirrors and being 'aware' then I think it should be them getting penalised. I don't see people dropping dead on autobahns all the time?!

Seriously???
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline herr schimdt

• Not said much yet
« Reply #61 on: 11 November 2011, 08:37 »
comenting on 2 threads at the moment this one and the mpg one so thought id try it out last night filled the tank up with fuel till it clicked on the pump set off at 12.30am zeroed my trip got to the a1 stuck it in 5th and floored it got to a indicated 135mph and kept driving the police volvo driver said it was a skilled bit of driving by the time id got to grantham  the gage was registering a quarter of a tank im thinking only about 10 to11 miles left to go when some stupid american decides to walk across the a1 without looking splat what a mess so i stop and the copper runs up nearly pulls my door off and says do you know how fast you were going well i said aparently the speedos are slightly out on these golfs so im not to sure you were doing 80mph in a 70 next time take it a bit easier or you could hit some one important drive safe  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Offline Agreeable Slick

• Global Moderator
  • Serious forum addict
  • Unit
« Reply #62 on: 11 November 2011, 08:42 »
.... and on that highly insightful and truthful commentary, we have come to the end of our story.

Please come again, and remember y'all.... look left, right, left again and cross. :smiley: