Author Topic: Went to look at a mk4 Gti  (Read 7934 times)

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
Re: Went to look at a mk4 Gti
« Reply #10 on: 15 May 2009, 10:03 »
What are you tradeing in and where abouts in Kent are you? Do you have to trade in? You can EASILY pick up a Turbo via AutoTrader.

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #11 on: 15 May 2009, 10:15 »
Autotrader's where I'm basing my search. 
Live Canterbury way and willing to travel Essex / Middlesex perhaps but certainly no further than that!
Trading in a Saxo VTR (time for something a bit more grown up and to suit my motorway commute).  I have some interest privately and will see what happens there, but its looking simplest for me to just trade it in if I got to travel for one.  If I don't I'll potentially either have no car or two cars.

Build thread clicky

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 15 May 2009, 10:16 »
How much you looking at spending then mate?
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 15 May 2009, 10:19 »
3k tops inc my trade in.  Limiting me somewhat!  If I could spank another grand at it then I'd have no problems.

Build thread clicky

Offline Car nut

• Here all the time
  • The Black Beaver
« Reply #14 on: 15 May 2009, 11:09 »
2.0 GTi

Was it cold, has it been ragged, is it a common / simple sensor fault etc?...  just put me off you know.

Been told it was used this week so not like it's been stood around for ages.

Next!

In the same boat as you, you get fed up of veiwing cars which are advertised as imaculate, mint etc etc

You travel all that way to find there sh!t  :cry:

See what tommorow brings though I think the one i want to veiw tomorrow will sell today, i will be  :sick: then...
Daily Hack - '53 - AUM - GTI T  "The Black Beaver" :wink:
Playing with a  Black Beaver   :grin:  -  Updated  -  Wed, Jul 8 2009 4:56 PM 
BMW E39 M5 Individual '02- 400bhp - Sold but not forgotten !
Jaguar E Type S1 FHC 3.8 - Project car on my website in Profile

Offline Voodoo-Music

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 15 May 2009, 11:11 »
Keep looking mate, i bought one and to be honest knew it needed minor work and £1000 later it was mint but if you got your heart set on a minter keep looking but dont rule out the good deals to be had for little touch ups

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 15 May 2009, 11:23 »
Or you could save some more money mate and get the one you want.
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 15 May 2009, 14:19 »
Was a bit worried there when I mentioned the Saxo...  it all went a bit quiet!   :lipsrsealed:

Got some more motors to look at tomorrow.  Couple of mk4s up in Essex, one in Tunbridge Wells.

Or you could save some more money mate and get the one you want.
Or keep dipping into our (if sh!t gets real bad) savings!  I'll soon have to re-tax the VTR and no doubt have to spend out on the next thing to go wrong with it.  No expense spared with that thing, but the "love" affair ended getting it through last MOT.

Build thread clicky

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #18 on: 15 May 2009, 14:21 »
Was a bit worried there when I mentioned the Saxo...  it all went a bit quiet!   :lipsrsealed:

At least you have seen the light. I cant express enough how much you should get the 1.8T, I wish I had someone like me to have told me that before I got my 2.0. I loved it to bits and was a great year stop gap between the MK5 but was just so gutless :(

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 18 May 2009, 17:27 »
Saxo is sold.  Hoorah!

Now to unleash my full potential at car shopping.  Well, me, the internet and a mobile phone.  :grin:

Hopefully off to see one next wknd and will also try to get up to Essex for a couple there.  Must remember 50mph on the crossing, 50mph on the crossing, 50mph...

Build thread clicky