Author Topic: wolfsburg or not  (Read 1001 times)

Offline dj g

• GTI forum regular
  • vw gals
wolfsburg or not
« on: 07 October 2005, 15:59 »
:wink: hi all just wondering :rolleyes: if anyone would know how i would tell if my cab is a wolfsburg edition or not  :rolleyes: i looked on a site that showed year and the interior that came with it and if it was a special edition but got a bit confused :undecided: my year(85-86) is right, the interior is right (black with white stripes and half leather sport seats) http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~kaw5/WEs/84BlackWEInterior.jpg ) i think its original :huh: but would like to now has would like it as original as possible :kiss: please helpppppppppp :wink:
« Last Edit: 07 October 2005, 16:13 by dj g »

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Re: wolfsburg or not
« Reply #1 on: 07 October 2005, 16:43 »
The cabs were built at the Karmenn factory and not the Wolfsburg factory, so I wouldn't have thought so.
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline dj g

• GTI forum regular
  • vw gals
« Reply #2 on: 07 October 2005, 16:48 »
will on the site i went on there are three years that come under wolfsburgs edition :undecided: have a look
http://dana.ucc.nau.edu/~kaw5/interiors.htm

« Last Edit: 07 October 2005, 16:51 by dj g »

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 07 October 2005, 17:55 »
I think that must refer to the hardtop MK1, which was built at Wolfsburg, and not the Cabriolets.
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Dinky

« Reply #4 on: 07 October 2005, 18:20 »
you can tell by your vin which assembly plant it was built at( 11th digit along),if thats wot ur asking? or i could be confuzzled.. :laugh:

Dinx :kiss:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2005, 23:19 »
Dont forget that the website you refer to is a forum users who's from Belgium (I think) so the special editions will probably refer to euro cars that may not have been seen over here, that's not to say that yours is not a special edition but as far as I know any special edition cabs usually say it on the V5 doc. If you look at the website it says nothing about Sportline or Rivages which were more than likely UK versions rather than euro ones.
......now officially dubless.

Offline dj g

• GTI forum regular
  • vw gals
« Reply #6 on: 17 October 2005, 20:37 »
thank you everyone it would be nice if it was :grin: