Author Topic: www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk site? sorted !!!!  (Read 1842 times)

Offline matping

• Here all the time
  • MK1 20vT MK5 GTI T
www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk site? sorted !!!!
« on: 23 April 2011, 09:39 »
anyone got the contact number for the admin or email address off the site  ? apperently im suspended and havent even been on the site before  :cry:  it would be nice to get on it
« Last Edit: 23 April 2011, 12:18 by matping »

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
Re: www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk site?
« Reply #1 on: 23 April 2011, 11:57 »
It seems talktalk keep blocking the site for some reason. Are you with talktalk?

follow
http://www.talktalk.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=179662

This is the post from vwgolfmk1.org.uk

Anyone who is using TalkTalk as there ISP (or any other TalkTalk brand, Aol, Tiscali etc) and are seeing at the top in there web browser the sites IP address instead of the actual domain name or account suspended can you please either follow this post here on there support forums

http://www.talktalk.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=179662

Or

Even better contact them and tell them to update there nameservers so you don`t have to change to an open one so you can view your favorite site.

If you do not do this and your nameservers for talktalk don`t update (which by now is near enough save to say they won`t) then you won`t be able to access the site from your talktalk connection, as the redirect that is in place on the old server will be coming down with that server.

This problem lies with your ISP and not the site, and users have cured the fault by changing nameservers to the ones pointed out in the post I have listed above.

Thanks Mark
I have been in touch with talktalk many times via phone and email, the problem lies trying to get past the first lines of customer support who know absolutely nothing.

I have been told by them that the issue has new escalated to the correct department now and am just awaiting there response.

To get past this you can change your nameservers away from talktalk and use opendns , it explains how to do this in that post I have linked above.
This way you will then be able to access this site through your talktalk connection until they fix there own problem
Mike

I am sorry about this, I am in contact with them regarding this problem, they are just about useless though.

What I have found is they seem to respond a lot better and quicker on there support forums, if someone with a talktalk account made a post on there we could all refer to that post and get them to sort this issue out once and for all.

Would you be willing to do this, I have a reference number from my email conversations what can be used to point there support staff in the right direction.

I can help you to change your nameservers on your connection away from talktalk, but this will not cure the fault for everyone else only for you.

In my first post on here there is a link to there support forums, make a new post reference that post I link to and advice you have the exact same issues as do a lot of other talktalk users and want it sorting out.

We can then link everyone to that post to complain.

Thanks Mark
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline matping

• Here all the time
  • MK1 20vT MK5 GTI T
Re: www.vwgolfmk1.org.uk site?
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2011, 12:02 »
yes with talk talk i did ring them but diddent get anywhere ill try the link pal