Author Topic: Clubsport buckets question  (Read 4112 times)

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
Clubsport buckets question
« on: 11 September 2017, 14:19 »
Question to fellow CS owners running buckets, or anyone else that knows about it first-hand: Do you find or have been able to confirm (or not) whether the bucket seats, their backs in particular, are slightly more bulky than standard Golf sport seats? At first sight it doesn't seem so, but having a child's car-seat seat behind me I have started to suspect they might be that bit bulkier which combined with the bulky child car-seat (Britax Multi-Tech II), means the two can push against the other especially if I go for a more laid-back driving position. Hence I am wondering, are the buckets, the car-seat or my driving position the main reason for this?

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
Re: Clubsport buckets question
« Reply #1 on: 11 September 2017, 14:24 »
Image for reference:

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 12 September 2017, 11:11 »
I was in the back of my sister's car with the buckets and I was surprised how much room there was in the back, I'm 6'2" and my sister is 6'1" but she has the seat in the furthest back position but one notch if that makes sense.

Her car is a 3 door but there seems to be more room than in my 5 door.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #3 on: 12 September 2017, 12:35 »
Might be the bulky child seat and driving position then as I'm shorter than that but my seat is pushing against the car-seat. Good to know I shouldn't blame the car.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 12 September 2017, 13:24 »
I briefly contemplated a Clubsport recently with an interior exactly like that.

One of the worries I had, and indeed one thing that put me off, was the practicality of those seats when carrying small ones. My 2.5 year old would have the back of that seat kicked and scuffed up in no time. I'd have to cover the back of it somehow... that lovely gloss black finish would be wrecked in no time.

Absolutely gorgeous seats though  :drool:
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #5 on: 12 September 2017, 14:02 »

One of the worries I had, and indeed one thing that put me off, was the practicality of those seats when carrying small ones. My 2.5 year old would have the back of that seat kicked and scuffed up in no time. I'd have to cover the back of it somehow... that lovely gloss black finish would be wrecked in no time.

I would imagine that they would getting vinyl wrapped on the way home from the dealership :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #6 on: 12 September 2017, 15:37 »

Lol, my fear exactly for when we have to turn the little one facing front  in like a year from now :undecided:   Already thinking of what protection I can apply to the back of the seats that will not ruin the looks, thinking clear films as in mobiles screen protection. Any suggestions?

Fear aside though, I knew it was a YOLO car choice and with a YOLO configuration to match so I went in fully aware and truth is this car gets me excited every time I drive it without the family so I can't complain.
« Last Edit: 12 September 2017, 15:40 by scanesare »

Offline FunkyMunky

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 12 September 2017, 16:01 »

Could you place the child seat behind the passenger seat and keep that seat further forward? Or do you have more than one child and a partner who is also long legged?

Pure White MK7 GTI PP DSG, 18" Belvedere alloys, DCC, Tech Pack, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Keyless Entry, Winter Pack & Climate Windscreen

Offline scanesare

• I live here
  • GTI Clubsport
« Reply #8 on: 12 September 2017, 17:43 »
Doing that would limit the passenger's space more than mine as driver seats more upfront from the passenger ( or at least that's how it looks) and while the wife is not big and would fit, I don't want to limit the other occasional passengers, I carry. If I was too squeezed sure I would do it obviously but it's only one notch too tight for my like so I figure I can adapt without moving the problem to the passenger.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 12 September 2017, 18:28 »
Just don't put shoes on your child whilst in the car! Nice thick socks will do the trick :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.