Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302533 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #140 on: 20 September 2016, 17:37 »
GTI has lower spoiler styling cues from the Clubsport. Other than that and the lights, not seeing any other exterior changes for the GTI?

Pretty much par for the course for a facelift; exterior changes usually being restricted to revised bumpers/spoilers and lights, and sometimes a slightly revised bonnet pressing. Mk5 to mk6 Golf was an exception; VW were looking to cut production costs as the mk5 was too expensive for them to produce, so apart from the roof panel, all exterior panels were new (the door construction, in particular). VW called it the new mk6 Golf, but it was pretty much a heavily revised mk5.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jimmgc51

• Here all the time
« Reply #141 on: 20 September 2016, 17:58 »
I'm suprised they would put the digital dash in for a revised model. The interier with that looks like it's taken quite a large chnage and to me would form more part of a model upgrade i.e. Mk8 not a facelift.

I'm currently in the market for a new car and this will be a hard decision... second hand R or a new R with digital dash  :undecided:
Golf GTI 09, CW, Bi-Xenon, DCC, 18" Monza's, Jakarta, RNS510, Dynaudio, F&R parking sensors, Winter pack...

Ibiza Deep House mix for DL - https://soundcloud.com/jimmgc51/getting-deep-with-house

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #142 on: 20 September 2016, 20:05 »
All the new optional stuff will come at a cost no doubt.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #143 on: 20 September 2016, 20:09 »
Looks like this might be based on fact:

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf-vii-facelift-2016-5-tuerer-variant-gti-infos-preis-5519781.html

Optional digital dash, optional gesture control, optional LED lights...

There are some photos on that page of the new exterior... gone are the round tailpipes and in are the trendy funny shaped vent holes
If you hover over the photos on the main page of the article it says illustration. The other photos appear to show a Mk7 Touch eGolf :)

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #144 on: 20 September 2016, 20:14 »
All the new optional stuff will come at a cost no doubt.

Well, yes, its a costed extra as with all options :)

Seem to remember that article said the new super large gesture controlled nav unit was 3000 euros!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #145 on: 30 September 2016, 23:47 »
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-la-motor-show/facelifted-volkswagen-e-golf-make-its-world-debut-november

"The facelifted Volkswagen e-Golf will make its debut in November, possibly at the LA motor show, ahead of going on sale early next year."

"The e-Golf should arrive in showrooms at around the same time as the facelifted Golf hatchback."

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #146 on: 01 October 2016, 09:50 »
http://www.motoring.com.au/paris-motor-show-volkswagen-i-d-upstages-golf-7-5-104077/

"Volkswagen has denied it postponed the world debut of its facelifted Golf ‘7.5’ at last week’s Paris motor show to instead focus its limelight on the groundbreaking I.D. concept."

"Stackman denied Volkswagen’s electric car rollout postponed the world debut of the company’s facelifted Golf, which motoring.com.au understands was to have appeared for the first time at Paris but will now be shown at a stand-alone event in Europe in November."

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #147 on: 01 October 2016, 09:59 »
http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/2017-volkswagen-golf-absent-in-paris-20160930-grs2yw.html

"Most critics expected Volkswagen to use Paris, the last big European car show of 2016, to showcase the Mark 7.5 Golf..."

"Stackman wouldn't divulge any details on the updated Golf, but Drive understands the car will be revealed in Germany in November."

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #148 on: 01 October 2016, 10:27 »
After reading the above links, I am a bit puzzled. This all seems strange behaviour by VW towards their best selling and arguably most important model of car.

So another month or two to wait. I hope the wait will be worth it :undecided:

Also, I was wondering about Audi's move away from standard lights on the A3 facelift. Then I remembered a comment by one of the members here about oversized lights. I wonder if VW could make a similar change on the Golf, to reduce headlight size and allow for a much cleaner/sharper looking front end style on the Golf facelift.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #149 on: 01 October 2016, 11:55 »
The cynic in me thinks that VW might possibly be a bit touchy about emissions in the USA and especially California. That makes electric Golfs or VW's in general seem the natural thing to showcase in the city & state with a bit of a history with vehicle emissions.
So it's hardly surprising they've held off the Golf FL and gone for an electric car for Paris which will postpone or deflect emissions questions leading up to LA, and then launch VW's bread and butter model with a huge fanfare on home ground just before it goes into production. Obviously the launch just might have one or two things to show how VW is taking low or zero emissions very seriously. I doubt Greenpeace will be invited to the unveiling though.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner